New #1A in 250 Savage #21323 at Lipseys

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
This rifle has been mentioned previously in other threads and this is not an announcement of its availability. I mentioned before that I was concerned about the twist rate in this one because of different rates have been used in the past. Lipseys does not list the twist rate nor does Ruger show the rifle on their website. I finally got around to calling Ruger this morning to find out. The gentleman I spoke with could neither confirm or deny that the product existed when provided the 5 digit product code, 21323. The best that he could provide was that the current Ruger manufacturing twist rate for the 250 Savage is 1/10. I was somewhat disappointed with his less than assured response. Bob!! :(

pete44ru

Hunter

That's okay - I'm fully satisfied with my tang-safety .250 Model 77R. :mrgreen:

eQJJvtYl.jpg

markn30135

Single-Sixer
I find this on Lipsey's:
RU1A250SAVAGE PRODUCT DETAILS

FAMILY:No. 1 Series
MODEL:No. 1 Light Sporter
TYPE:Rifle
ACTION:Single Shot
FINISH:Blue
STOCK/FRAME:Wood Stock
STOCK/GRIPS:Walnut
WEIGHT:6.9 lbs.

CALIBER/GAUGE:250 Savage
CAPACITY:1
BARREL:24"
RATE-OF-TWIST:1-in-10

SIGHTS:Gold Bead Front/Folding Rear
SAFETY:2 Position Top Tang
ADDL INFO:Rings & Integral Scope Base
ADDL INFO:Alexander Henry Forearm
ADDL INFO:Quarter Rib | Red Recoil Pad
EXCLUSIVE:LIPSEY'S EXCLUSIVE

rangerbob

Buckeye
I, finally, after months of debating and a trip to my LGS with trading stock in hand, received my #1A in 250 Savage. For those who keep track of such things, the serial number is 134-535XX and it looks just like the one pictured at Lipsey's. The walnut stock and forend are plain walnut, but entirely useable. I have 100 new Hornady brass and 200 Speer 100 gr. BTSP bullets and CFE 223 powder to work up some loads. Bob!! :mrgreen:

rangerbob

Buckeye
Does anyone know if there have been other #1's in 250 Savage prior to this release. Bob! :?: