First blood with Ruger PC 9 Carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mikein

Single-Sixer
Out fixing fences this morning when this little guy and two of his buddies came trotting up the game trail. They stopped when they saw me and began milling around just long enough for me to grab the Carbine and put a 147 grain Hornady JHP in the ear of one of them. The others scattered before I could get off any more shots.

413902805.jpg

WebleyMan

Single-Sixer
Nice shot. Can you eat those little guys, or are they kinda gnarly....parasites and all?

mikein

Single-Sixer
WebleyMan said:
Nice shot. Can you eat those little guys, or are they kinda gnarly....parasites and all?

At this size, 50 pounds or so, they're really quite tasty. I take the backstraps and the hams only, and never get into the body cavity. I also begin cleaning them immediately, especially in the warmer weather we're having now. I stay away from eating the larger ones; too many bad stories about diseases!

98PK

Bearcat
I like to see this kinda stuff. I'm ordering one tomorrow,- carbine, not pig. You like the way yours works, any stoppages?
I see you know how to use it, just how do you like it? I mean anything a guy ought to know?

mikein

Single-Sixer
98PK said:
I like to see this kinda stuff. I'm ordering one tomorrow,- carbine, not pig. You like the way yours works, any stoppages?
I see you know how to use it, just how do you like it? I mean anything a guy ought to know?

I've been absolutely delighted with the performance of it. No FTF or FTE. Has eaten everything I've put into its magazines; FMJ, JHP's, from 115 grains to 147 grains. I've swapped magazine wells to see if I could get it to choke on the Glock well, but it never even noticed. It's accurate, handles nicely, and I couldn't be happier with it.

98PK

Bearcat
Cool, thanks! I got it coming. All excited. Like kid waiting for Santa Klaus!

mikein

Single-Sixer
And once you get and get to put some serious rounds through it, I think you'll be very happy camper (and shooter!) because, if it's anything like mine has been, it's just pure pleasure to run!

mpalm

Single-Sixer
I wish I had wild pigs running around my neighborhood! I have a Police carbine in 40 caliber and bet the 40 would be even better for shooting the larger pigs. All I get to shoot are paper target pigs. Great shooting. nice photo. Rock on!

mikein

Single-Sixer
The 40 would be a Great Pig Thumper, and I'm hoping that Ruger will bring one out for us in the PCC configuration. The 9mm, even when pushed to its safe limits, is still a marginal round for larger feral hogs unless you're able to put those rounds right in their ears!

tacotime

Single-Sixer
Thought about a PC9 then wondered if was enough gun and range for most random varmint encounters, especially of the swine kind.