Ruger PC Carbine Trigger Group Disassembly, etc.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MarcusB

Bearcat
So....I have been shooting my PC Carbine suppressed for, oh, about 1,000 rounds and decided today it needs a good cleaning. Yowzers, does it ever. I disassembled it very easily with Ruger's great tech tip video.

Then, I figured, what the heck, this thing is such a mess, I should really clean the entire trigger group.

And, it was so easy to take a part, now I have a box of parts and no idea how to get it all back together.

Plus, I figure, since I have it in pieces right now, maybe I should put in an upgrade trigger system.

Questions:

1) Is there a good video anywhere on reassembly the PC Carbine Trigger group?
2) What's a good replacement trigger for it?

But my main question is...help! I have no idea of how to put the pieces back together.

:)

dlidster

Single-Sixer
Do a search for disassembly/assembly of the 10/22 trigger group. They're virtually identical in form and function. (But they're not interchangeable.)

22/45 Fan

Hunter
dlidster said:
Do a search for disassembly/assembly of the 10/22 trigger group. They're virtually identical in form and function. (But they're not interchangeable.)
+1 The PC Carbine and 10/22 trigger mechanisms are very similar in function and construction but, as dlidster noted, they are neither identical nor interchangeable. You can find a huge number of YouTube videos and forum descriptions for disassembling/reassembling and improving the 10/22 trigger groups and a lot of that information will apply to the PCC trigger.

There are dozens of upgrade parts and replacements for the 10/22 triggers but, AFAIK, none of the suppliers have developed similar upgrades for the PCC triggers yet. Stay tuned, they have to be coming. Volquartsen, Kidd, Tactical Innovations and Brimstone Gunsmithing are likely candidates.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I just got a reply from Volquartsen answering my question about upgrade parts for the PC Carbine trigger. They do expect to have them available later this summer.

teuthis

Single-Sixer
The manual with the PC9 details disassembly quite well. There is also a parts list that shows everything. Rather than take changes, take it to your local gunsmith and let him reassemble it properly.