Mag-Pul Mini 14 Magazines?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sugar River

Buckeye
OK, in another thread a member here says he has several Mini 14 mags made by Mag-Pul.
No one who responded, including me, had ever seen or heard of such an item.
I have seen a Youtube vid in which a guy uses Magpul AR15 mags in his Mini after he extensively modified the receiver.

There are numerous polymer Mini mags such as Promag, Thermold, etc. But that's not MagPul.

Now, if Magpul has ever made Mini 14 mags, I'd like to own some.
So, has anyone EVER seen a Mini 14 mag made by MagPul???????

gunzo

Buckeye
I googled them & could find no reference. The word/words mini14, mini 14, Mini14, or Mini 14, cannot be found on their website. My interest went no further.

But, if you really want first hand info, I'd suggest dialing 1-877-4MAGPUL

9x19

Hunter
Sugar River said:
OK, in another thread a member here says he has several Mini 14 mags made by Mag-Pul.
No one who responded, including me, had ever seen or heard of such an item.
I have seen a Youtube vid in which a guy uses Magpul AR15 mags in his Mini after he extensively modified the receiver.

There are numerous polymer Mini mags such as Promag, Thermold, etc. But that's not MagPul.

Now, if Magpul has ever made Mini 14 mags, I'd like to own some.
So, has anyone EVER seen a Mini 14 mag made by MagPul???????

Ask the poster for a picture, I don't believe I've ever seen a Magpul brand magazine for the Minis.

As most folks know the Mini uses a totally diffferent latching system from an AR, so... drilling the hole in the front would be easy, but then you'd have to add a slab to the rear for the catch.

9x19

Hunter
Ah, perhaps they realized their mistake in calling it a Magpul brand magazine?

hickoryhillbill

Single-Sixer
They might be Tapco Gen 3. Look like Magpul and the ones I have function fine but I think they only come in 30rd.

gunman42782

Hunter
As I said in the post that he later deleted, many folks call the Pro-Mags P mags by mistake, and I do believe that is what he is doing, but he doesn't want to admit his mistake.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Y'all need to get over yourselves. I posted a wtb post and it has brought only criticism I didn't ask for.

Is that what this forum has become?

I found out (from Magpul), they may be prototypes that were not offered for resale.I bought them unpackaged in a pro shop at a well-known center north of here. I don't plan on selling, lending, trading or taking pictures of them for several reasons, and even regret asking members here for any others. Boy do I regret asking.

BTW, they work in my 180-series and more recent minis, and I told the magpul guys so. Told them they're missing out on a huge market, but so far the appear to not be concerned with Ruger Mini owners.

gunman42782

Hunter
If they are indeed prototypes, fine and dandy. But you can understand our reluctance to accept that you had these, when no one else in the free world has them? Actually, I was kind of excited! I would love to have some Mag Pul mags for my Mini too! I meant no offense to you.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Thanks gunman. I got pretty frustrated the classifieds WTB thread generated so many comments, from no one who had a thing to offer. Would that folks would read the forum rules...
Thanks for your explanation & consideration.

9x19

Hunter
If you feel you are the first one here to make a claim of having an obscure item, only to be met with skepticism and requests for pics as proof, you really haven't been paying attention.

Now, asking for such in a Classified thread is bad form here, but the OP did bring the question to a different forum, and named no names, so I don't see the issue with discussing this topic.

DGW1949

Hunter
9x19 said:
If you feel you are the first one here to make a claim of having an obscure item, only to be met with skepticism and requests for pics as proof, you really haven't been paying attention.

Now, asking for such in a Classified thread is bad form here, but the OP did bring the question to a different forum, and named no names, so I don't see the issue with discussing this topic.

I see no issue with openly discussing the matter either. Thing is though, the only person who may be able to shed any meaningful light on the subject has refused to do so. Instead, what we got are tales of mysterious (prototype) magazines which, although allegedly never meant to be sold, were non the less bought from an equally mysterious "pro shop" (whatever that is). Then, add to that an outright refusal to post photos and/or any significant details which may have lent some credence to his claim of being the only person on the planet to have ever seen, held, owned, and/or actually used a Magpull brand Mini-14 magazine and what to you get?...

Basically, just a waste of everyone's time.

DGW

98PK

Bearcat
Our experience with anything other than Ruger Mini 14 magazines has been not-so-good.

DGW1949

Hunter
98PK said:
Our experience with anything other than Ruger Mini 14 magazines has been not-so-good.

Same here...the only exception being the early John Mansen (10-RD) Mini-30 mags which worked very well for me in several different guns.

Not saying that Mag-pull couldn't produce a hi-cap Mini-14/30 mag which worked if they chose to...just saying that so far they haven't chose to, so it's a moot point.

DGW

9x19

Hunter
In my stainless Mini 30, I had good luck with the stainless ProMag 10 round mags, AFTER I replaced their follower with one from a Ruger magazine.