Best suppressor and best muzzle brake for the new PCC?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mikein

Single-Sixer
Which suppressor do you all like? And which muzzle brake is your favorite for the new PC 9?

grobin

Blackhawk
I've only run across two suppressors on the PCC, and was not real impressed considering that they were firing subsonic ammo and the PCC fires from a closed bolt. Mabye I'd give a Ruger suppressor a try if they were available. But someone else would need to try it first before I stumped up the ~$600 for the suppressor and $200 for the tax stamp.

As for muzzle brakes, most trade increased muzzle blast and sound for lower recoil. One https://www.kawvalleyprecision.com/KVP-Linear-Compensator-p/kvp-linear-blk.htm
trades slightly increased recoil for a lot less muzzle blast (anyone beside you on the range will be thankful) and less sound. IMHO they are well worth the money. The PCC recoil is so low as to not matter.

mikein

Single-Sixer
Thanks, grobin! I appreciate you sharing the information with us.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
As to muzzle brakes, I've read that the 9 mm produces so little powder gas that in a rifle length barrel the "jet effect" at the brake is negligible so the recoil reduction is also very minor.

Compensated open class pistols with their much shorter barrels and shooting 9 mm "major" loads do make good use of a brake but for standard or even +P 9 mm rounds in a rifle it's not much benefit.

mikein

Single-Sixer
I was looking more at the "stealth" aspect of running a suppressor as I will be using it for varmint control and figured the less noise it made, the better chance for follow-up shots, if needed. I think, based on what you folks have shared with me, that I'll just deal with the noise; the recoil is a non-factor; and the muzzle blast issue isn't worth the time or expense, given my application requirements.

Thanks!