PCC inch pounds!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

grobin

Blackhawk
inch pounds not foot pounds!
I went by to pick up a friend to go to the range with our new PCC. He was just finishing the magazine well swap and had a 1/2" drive torque wrench in his hand. Preparing to torque the take down screws to 65 foot pounds! After I stoped laughing I got him to re-read the manual.

mikein

Single-Sixer
Well, by golly, that well he put in would not have shaken loose, no matter how many rounds he put through it! Is he, by any chance, a diesel truck mechanic??

grobin

Blackhawk
His explanation is that he just asked his BIL (a dirt bike racer) for a torque wrench.

Cholo

Staff member
Most people don't have inch pound torque wrenches. They see 65 and automatically think foot #'s. But...sometimes you just have to look at something and know that what you think is just wrong :)

mikein

Single-Sixer
Cholo said:
Most people don't have inch pound torque wrenches. They see 65 and automatically think foot #'s. But...sometimes you just have to look at something and know that what you think is just wrong :)

It seems that "common sense" isn't as common as it used to be. :cry:

DGW1949

Hunter
mikein said:
Cholo said:

It seems that "common sense" isn't as common as it used to be. :cry:

I get your point...but...I'm not sure if the event in question demonstrates a lack of common sense, or a lack of mechanical aptitude. Either way though, the fact remains that some folks should not be fooling around with machinery. :wink: .

DGW

wwb

Hunter
Don't need not stinkin' torque wrench.... 1/4 turn past stripped, then back it off 1/2 turn, and it ain't stripped any more!

RSIno1

Hunter
Cholo said:
I used to have 6 of them. They were needed for working on one of the copiers I used to fix. When the copier was discontinued I hit all the other guys for their un-needed torque wrenches. Over the years I gave them all away except 1. That one I loaned to a guy and he moved away so now I'm back to gee that feels about right.