Sight choice, PC Carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have to say, that this new Ruger PC Carbine is a great shooter. My first range session consisted of sighting in the little carbine with the open sights. Once dialed in it performed flawlessly and at 50 yds accuracy was limited by the open sights. Around 75 rounds fired and concistant 3" groups.

I addressed the open sight limitation by installing Sight Mark Sure Shot reflex sight. Alas, this sight is made in China and retails for just south of $40. My expectations were exceeded immensely with this sight. Sighting in was easy with positive adjustments that responded to inputs precisely. There are 4 different images available. The brightness has 7 levels of adjustment. I set it on #5 and it was easy to see the image even on this bright sunny day.

At 50 yds I was able to shoot a 1 1/2" group after getting it dialed in. I am very pleased with this sight. I recommend this sight to others who would like an inexpensive option for their PC Carbine. :D

Dave

Joe S.

Hunter
Nice! Mine has a Burris Fast Fire II on it. I am pleased with it so far. This style sight is about perfect for a 9mm carbine.

I bought same one and put on a ar15 carbine. Mainly for testing, and it actually held a zero. I rotated through the different dots/sight pictures and all worked, still held a 25 yard zero. I may have fired 100 rounds or less. I think it was around 35-40 bucks on sale. Not bad in my book.
I ended up putting the Trijicon MRO? on that rifle. That is in a whole different class of optics, I think it was near 500 bucks.
I placed the other into a 10-22 M1 and still it works great, sighted in at 25 yards.
My only question is with durability, I doubt it will hold up to much abuse, just my opinion, but as I said it held a zero and still does.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Inexpensive red dots can work quite well on a low recoil; firearm like the PC Carbine, and of course on any .22LR rifle. Where they fail quickly is on hard kicking guns and the worst abuse comes from mounting them on the slide of a centerfire pistol. For that use you want the best you can get and suitable dots start at over $200 like the Vortex Venom and Burris Fastfire and go up from there.