The PC Carbine is named wrong...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Joe S.

Hunter
It should be called the FA Carbine. Cuz it is FREAKIN AWESOME!!

I knew I was gonna like it, but I never thought I would like it as much as I do. I am just not a "black rifle" or even a semi auto kind of guy. But man this rifle suits me. I have mine set up to run Glock mags, as that is about the only semi auto pistols I have.

I switched the bolt handle over to the left side with the mag release so I can manipulate all controls and never have to take my right hand off the grip.

I also mounted a Burris Fast Fire 2 to it. The other day while shooting we were ringing steel at 50 yards with ease. This thing is just sweet. I also ordered an Olight Valkyre PL2 to try on the front of it. This is a "1200 lumens" light that takes 2 CR123 batteries. I have been pleased with other Olight flashlights, so I think this will be a nice addition.

I need to get a black leather sling and a butt stock cover with mag carrier would be pretty sweet as well.

mikein

Single-Sixer
The Big Brown Truck just delivered mine! I ran a patch through it, changed the LOP, switched from a Ruger mag well to a Glock and then back again, just as a drill. Trigger breaks cleanly at 4 lbs. I mounted a red dot on it and bore sighted it, and am ready to rock and roll with it tomorrow. (My uncaring wife signed us up for a social event tonight starting at 5pm; I wanted to call in sick, but she would have none of it. . .) Looking forward to some serious range time this weekend with the new toy!!

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I'm using Ruger SR mags in mine since I have several from my former SR9 and current SR9c pistols and, since I'm left-handed, I switched the mag release over, installed a Tactical Innovations left-hand safety and a Vortex Venom Red Dot sight. It is a great gun and I shot a very rewarding Steel Challenge match with it already.

If I can find any supplier with 33 round Glock 9 mm magazines in stock, I may switch the magazine insert over to use them.

Joe S.

Hunter
I had a buddy over today and let him run 30-40 rounds through it. I think he will have one before long. It's a blast.

22/45 Fan said:
I'm using Ruger SR mags in mine since I have several from my former SR9 and current SR9c pistols and, since I'm left-handed, I switched the mag release over, installed a Tactical Innovations left-hand safety and a Vortex Venom Red Dot sight. It is a great gun and I shot a very rewarding Steel Challenge match with it already.

If I can find any supplier with 33 round Glock 9 mm magazines in stock, I may switch the magazine insert over to use them.

I think there was a guy on here sellling some 33 rounders.

mikein

Single-Sixer
I got out to the range this morning and gave the new PC Carbine a very good workout! I put 280 rounds through it without a single failure to feed or failure to eject. I used both magazine wells and they both ran perfectly. I shot factory and handloads, in weights of 115, 124, 125, and 147 grains; and different bullets from FMJ to solids, to JHP's; and I saw velocities from 1260 to 995 fps. Accuracy, from a rest, with a red dot, at 50 yards, went from one ragged hole out to about 2 1/4 inches. The best groups were with 124 grain JHP's. For the last "test" of the morning, I dumped a pile of mixed ammo types out on the table, randomly selected them and stuffed 30 of them into a Glock mag. Then, shooting off hand, I fired the little carbine as rapidly as I could. Not so much as a hiccup! The bottom line, after my first outing, is that this is a real winner for Ruger. I'm really liking it a whole lot!!

413870050.jpg

413870051.jpg

mikein

Single-Sixer
Joe S. said:
It should be called the FA Carbine. Cuz it is FREAKIN AWESOME!!

I knew I was gonna like it, but I never thought I would like it as much as I do. I am just not a "black rifle" or even a semi auto kind of guy. But man this rifle suits me. I have mine set up to run Glock mags, as that is about the only semi auto pistols I have.

I switched the bolt handle over to the left side with the mag release so I can manipulate all controls and never have to take my right hand off the grip.

I also mounted a Burris Fast Fire 2 to it. The other day while shooting we were ringing steel at 50 yards with ease. This thing is just sweet. I also ordered an Olight Valkyre PL2 to try on the front of it. This is a "1200 lumens" light that takes 2 CR123 batteries. I have been pleased with other Olight flashlights, so I think this will be a nice addition.

I need to get a black leather sling and a butt stock cover with mag carrier would be pretty sweet as well.

I totally agree with your assessment, Joe S., after my first trip to the range! It's everything I had hoped it would be, and I'm looking forward to having it as a "truck buddy" when I run trap lines and check fences on the property. I sure hope that my first dance with this new gal is indicative of how she's gonna dance for the next several years!! :D

mpalm

Single-Sixer
pistol carbines are great! Mine is a 40cal. Ruger Police Carbine. It shares ammo and magazines with my P944 pistol. It is the old version from 1997.
The great thing about the NEW Ruger PCC is it can take mags for Ruger pistols or Glock pistols.
(Maybe someday they will make them for S&W, Sig, Beretta, etc. Ruger can sell millions of them!)

Ruger1nut

Blackhawk
Mike I was on the fence about getting one. I loved the old ones but I think you just became Rugers best new salesman on RF
I am ordering one tonight!!

R1N

mikein

Single-Sixer
I think you're going to be VERY happy with your new toy! It continues to amaze me with its reliability and accuracy. I keep messing around with it, changing magazine wells, charging handle location, magazine eject button location, and then when I take it to the range, the zero doesn't change. I was a bit afraid that every time I removed the action from the stock and then replaced it that I would have to start all over with getting it zeroed in, but that just hasn't happened. A truly great shooting machine from Ruger, IMHO!

Joe S.

Hunter
Man I have never been excited about any semi auto rifle really. But this one has me all giddy…

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
Hi Joe, great review, I have the older PC 9 and love it. I may pick up the new version before long. Ruger built the PC9's like a tank the one I have is very accurate.

Latest posts