Where are the Ruger PC Carbines?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WrecknCrew

Bearcat
Preordered a Ruger PC Carbine in Feb around the 15th. Still not shipped to my dealer. I have seen a few places get theirs in and sell out quickly. Any news on next shipments? Local shipments recently? Rumors? I'm geeking over here! :(

grobin

Blackhawk
I gave up on the ruger, not available except at high prices and then not many! I got an aero survival rifle in 10mm and am planning on getting the 9mm conversion kit and maybe the 22 as well.

conrad

Bearcat
I picked one up this past Wednesday here in CT. I was #2 on a waiting list for about a month. 2 PC Carbines came in last Tuesday at my LGS, #1 on the list got his and I got mine. Very nice!

rangerbob

Buckeye
I've got orders for 4 right now, but can't get any at Sports South or Lipsey's. Louisiana always gets theirs last because the manufacturers know they will always be able to sell them here, or at least that is how it seems. Bob!! :(

vireya

Bearcat
Suggest you get on mail list for KYGUNS
I got mine on 2nd try

After failing the 1st mailing, I called them to complain. They said they sent out 18,000 emails for 10 rifles. Thus, not hard to understand shortage and why you hafta act fast.

I happened to be online when I got my 2nd email. I called them and got the order in faster than if Id typed it in.

BTW, the system they have for textacheck is great. They said 5 days for check to clear and 4-6 days delay in shipping cuz they were overwhelmed on orders. I got my rifle at my FFL within a week.
(textacheck is exactly what you may think: they send you a text; you answer with a photo of a check made out to them.) They shipped my rifle out that day. ($510 + 6? for insurance)

ITS WORTH THE WAIT!!! I LOVE MINE

My only comment is its heavier than I had thot. It looked like a plastic stock; but is not. At my age, I need a bipod

This is interesting. Usually, a popular but scarce gun is available online more often than in a store. This time it's been different. While folks are awaiting online availability, everybody I know that has one, including me, has walked into a gun store and found it on the rack. :mrgreen:

vireya

Bearcat
yup..so true

BUT

my local, ShootStraight was $645 (one available)
W Plm Bch gun show had 2 dealers, each w one: $649 and $600

I got mine online at KYGUNS at $510

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
I saw Ruger PC Carbines in stock at three different stores this past weekend, Bristol Tennessee, Abingdon Virginia and Martinsville Virginia. Highest price $545, lowest $465....

WrecknCrew

Bearcat
Wow. after reading a few comments and seeing them in stock again at Kygunco I am a little perplexed. I would have thought preorders from that time would have been shipped by now. Another local store had them in stock last week. not now. I am glad they are selling so well but man the wait is killing me. lol. I have never waited so long on a gun, but there are reasons for that too I recon.

Thanks for the responses. Hoping I hear something soon!

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I got mine in late January from a large local gun shop. I had place a deposit and got the call about two days later. I paid $510 + tax which I think was very good for a high-demand gun.

bishopm14

Bearcat
I wandered into a relatively new gun store in my hometown while there on vacation last month. Spotted a new PC9 on the shelf marked at $419. Needless to say it came home with me. One had been on my "buy eventually" list, but not at current prices. For the price I paid though it's well worth it.

grobin

Blackhawk
My local large gun store has them, but only 5/10 a month, and still has a waiting list in spite of getting $600. I'm glad to see them selling but there are, IMHO, better options. I like Ruger but I'm not married to them.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
grobin said:
....still has a waiting list in spite of getting $600. I'm glad to see them selling but there are, IMHO, better options. I like Ruger but I'm not married to them.
What are the better options for anywhere near the money? The CZ is significantly more costly, the Beretta is a bit more expensive also and the Hi-Point isn't in the same quality category. And, most shops are't charging as much as the one you mention. As I said above my was $510.

grobin

Blackhawk
Checkout the TNW Aero Survival Rifle. It has the multi caliber convertability that has been posited for the PCC in the future now. Perfect? No, but most things aren't. Yes it costs more than the PCC if you pay a reasonable price (not $600+) but it does more. If the PCC was actually available at the $500 or less prices being reported it might be different.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
grobin said:
If the PCC was actually available at the $500 or less prices being reported it might be different.
The PCC is new and in high demand so availability is poor and prices are sometimes high. Wait a few months until the supply catches up and both availability and prices will greatly improve. As I mentioned above mine was $510 so not everyone is taking advantage of the high demand/low supply situation.

WrecknCrew

Bearcat
I called my LGS where i ordered today. They said that they were supposed to hear back from Ruger this week.

Since i started this thread two other LGS have them in stock and they are back in stock at KYGUNCO.

Hoping soon. Thanks for the responses.

BTW I did get a good price on mine. $537 tax and all OTD.

mpalm

Single-Sixer
butcherboy1985 said:
Try kittery trading post in Maine. That's where I ordered mine from

I was in Kittery trading post last week looking at them. They had a whole rack full of them. $529
Great store, friendly staff, check the inventory on their website. They can ship to you.