PC CARBINE question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

vireya

Bearcat
Expecting delivery tomorrow, Monday...
I will immediately install the Glock mag well

However, all my Glock mags are 33s

So, my question is, do you place an empty mag in the rifle during storage? If so, what is the smallest? 10 rd pistol mag? If not, which is the smallest?

I am assuming I will be doing this as a sorta dust cover during storage. I never store any weapon without an empty mag inserted

Thanks in advance

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I don't store my PC Carbine with a magazine in place because the extra length, even of a 17-round mag, interferes with the other guns in the safe. Storing it with an empty mag well is no problem but you have to remember to take a mag or two (or more) with you to the range.

wagon

Single-Sixer
22/45 Fan said:
I don't store my PC Carbine with a magazine in place because the extra length, even of a 17-round mag, interferes with the other guns in the safe. Storing it with an empty mag well is no problem but you have to remember to take a mag or two (or more) with you to the range.

+1.

If you do not have a safe, you may want to invest one in one, they are tax free too. .. or if you do not (yet) have enough toys that warrant for a safe, then at least buy a case (hard or soft) to store your PCC.. your happy sticks can be store inside the case.

I have a dry box for magazines, it goes with me everytime to the range, so I won't found myself without the magazines that I needed... don't ask how I know it.

9x19

Hunter
The mags for the Glock 26 are the shortest available, they are 10 round mags.

vireya

Bearcat
FYI, am storing my PCC in a foam lined metal lockable case along with my CZ .22. Each has a minimum sized (10 rd for Ruger; 5 for CZ) mag inserted to protect the well from any foam fragments, in case there are any. I know, not necessary...but why not

At the range, I bring along all 5 bigger (33 rd) mags which were loaded the night before. I have an IWB mag carrier to store the small dust protector 10 rd mag to prevent dropping and losing it. I do this cuz I have been known to lose my loader in a dark indoor range

I gave up on my red dot, depending more on the scope for my 100yds.

Interesting that after 4 wks ownership, I have but one other notification of rifle being in stock...and that was for much higher price than KYGUNS.
The fan favorite, Buds, has never sent me anything re it being in stock

mpalm

Single-Sixer
I store my rifles in a pelican case with the slide locked open, and no mags.....If i need it, just insert the mag and rack the slide. Easy

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
I like the Glock 26 mags for field use, keeping in the rifle while cased or in the gun safe. With a mag in the rifle, you will never forget your magazines.

If Ruger had to ship only ten round magazines with the PC Carbine, this would be the one I would want with the Glock magazine well....

Some pics:

413876410.jpg

Magazine inserted:

413876409.jpg

I'm feeling pretty well stocked with magazines for the PC Carbine, three Magpul 21's I keep with the carbine, one ten rounder stored with it, and several Glock 17 magazines for my pistol...

413845730.jpg

mikein

Single-Sixer
I keep a loaded magazine in my PC 9, not because of dust, but because I want to be able to deploy it quickly. Out in the country, if a feral hog or some unwelcome varmint happens to wander into the immediate vicinity of the house, I like to be able to "welcome" them to the "hood" immediately.

Rolan_Kraps

Bearcat
I just picked up my PC9 today. I have a bunch of G17 17 round magazines, but ordered 2, 33 rd mags. I can't wait to take this baby to the range on Friday.