Ruger American Predator .260 Rem. ??'s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rvseller

Bearcat
Hello all. New member here but been lurking and learning a lot for quite some time. Now I have come into possession of a rifle that I have not been able to find much info on at all, and yes I have searched, but if I missed something I apologize. Here goes...

I have just acquired a Ruger American Predator in .260 Remington. As I understand it, these were a very limited run only for dealers in the 4R program for 2015, or at least that's what I have been told, and can't find anything to contradict that. I actually can't really find anything at all on this rifle, but I know it exists, because I just bought it unfired NIB.

My questions are:
twist rate?
How many were made?
Anyone have any advice on loadings for it?
Have any of you seen, owned, shot one of these Predators in .260?
Any guess on value? I mean since they were exclusives, does that help or hurt value? Price? ( I got it for $400 with 40 rds, box, and all original paperwork.

Any information provided will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. I can't figure out how to attach pics, or I would show it off.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Twist rate? Call Ruger and ask.
Loading advice? There is nothing unique about that Ruger so any one of several loading manuals or web sites will have tons of info.

mxkop

Bearcat
Yup, I also have one in .260 from the 4R program along with a 25/06 from 2014. They both shoot very well with factory loads. I have yet to develop handloads for either one.

chet15

Hawkeye
So...since there are a few of these finally being reported in .260 and .25-06...can everybody report their serial number info here so we can maybe get some idea as to quantity produced?
The serial numbers may be all over the place, but if they are close (like what Ruger is apparently doing with batches of their #1), then maybe we can figure out an approximate quantity.
Chet15

robertkirksey

Blackhawk
Well, if the American does not have a 24" barrel I must assume it would be 22". If that is the case it would be only the second rifle made by Ruger with a barrel shorter than 24" in 25/06. It is ironic to me they are on opposit ends of the workmanship/price and beauty spectrum.

lawdog616

Bearcat
I actually own 2 Ruger American Predators in 260 rem. 3 serial numbers apart. I bought them from my local gun dealer about a year apart. He sold me the one and said he was gonna keep the other for his son. A year later I bought the second one as he no longer was thinking of keeping it and no one else was interested in it.

I shoot 120 gr ballistic tip out of one and 120 gr Fusion out of the other. Both are tack drivers.

I contacted Ruger and they would give me no information on how many were made, and refused to say if it would ever be made for the regular market. The sighted inside trader information for their reasoning.

I do not know what the twist rate is, and would also be curious.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
GAO LLC said:
American Predator 25-06 NIB $440 shipping included to your dealer.
540-539-8108

Moderators won't say it so someone has to...

I'm all for selling guns. Bought more than my fair share over the years. But why don't you save your gun selling for the classifieds where they belong? I don't read posts in the rifle section to read all about whatever someone is pawning off. Plus , it makes you look cheap as a seller...

GAO LLC

Single-Sixer
rugerjunkie said:
GAO LLC said:
American Predator 25-06 NIB $440 shipping included to your dealer.
540-539-8108

Moderators won't say it so someone has to...

I'm all for selling guns. Bought more than my fair share over the years. But why don't you save your gun selling for the classifieds where they belong? I don't read posts in the rifle section to read all about whatever someone is pawning off. Plus , it makes you look cheap as a seller...

Thank you for your input on a 3+ year old post. As a seller I AM pretty cheap.
Ruger American Ranch in 358 Win. 20" barrel. One left.

Latest posts