RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:57 pm 
Blackhawk

Hi i need the instructions on changing over to the 209 on a 77/50

i purchased a use rifle last year and it came with the kit but no instructions on how to do the change over , can any one talk me thru it ?

any load / powder suggestion would be nice as well

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:18 pm 
Buckeye

there must be more than one kit for this conversion. The one Ive seen uses and replacement bolt and replacement breechblock. Bolt is simple replacement. Breechblock is unscrewed with breechblock tool supplied with 77/50. New Tool should come with conversion kit. The block will be SS but should still be coated with antiseize grease. My gun came with the conversion already done, didn't shoot for beans so I took it back to original and it is a tackdriver now. Goodluck...Chief aka Maxx Load

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an
'unlicensed pharmacist'

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"
Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:56 am 
Blackhawk

sorry i should have been more clear , but was in a hurry when i posted , I have several other black powder guns so i am aware of do's and don'ts with BP , what i need to know with this kit is how to change the front of the bolt, this one you have to take the Ruger bolt apart and change out the front part and put in a differnet firing pin maybe?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:35 am 
Buckeye

Mine had a aftermarket bolt so I would need to look it up in a parts diagram. I would think the bolt would come apart similar to any other Ruger bolt. Yes you will need another firing pin that works with the shotgun primer. You might post this in the "gunsmithing" section, sure you would get an answer there.
Sorry

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an
'unlicensed pharmacist'

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"
Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:41 am 
Bearcat

If you google ruger 77/50 bolt dissassembly you will find a couple of utube vidio's