receiver filler screws for ruger scout rifle

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I took the forward mounting scope base off the rifle and can't find any screws to fill the holes up. I took it out to my local gunsmith and he determined it was a 5-44 thread. Had all kinds of scope mounting screws but none to fit that. Anybody know where I can get 4 set screws of that size? Thanks

I found them and placed an order. $2.95 for 5. Thanks for the info. I got the thread protector and my new polymer mags in the mail today. Finally got it fixed the way I want as soon as I get the filler screws. If you havn't tried those ploymer mags, you need to. They are very easy to reload unlike the metal one. I got the 3 round, 5 round, and 2 ten round ones. Here's a pic. :lol:
016.jpg

013.jpg

sharpblade7777,
Looks very nice. Happy you were able to fine those fill screws. I was on my mobile phone so I could not post a link at that time. I have both metal and plastic mags and have not had a single problem with either. I have a 5 round plastic and it works great. I still need a 3 rounder. I like the lines of the rifle with the 3 round mag installed.

Here is a picture of mine when I still had a scout scope installed. Next I installed an conventional scope mount and took that off to run with irons for now. Great rifle.

100_0558.jpg

350Rem

Bearcat
I have one of theses on layaway. Tell me about that thread protecter on the end of the barrel. Is that a Ruger product? Do the filler screws fit fairly flush ?

350Rem said:
I have one of theses on layaway. Tell me about that thread protecter on the end of the barrel. Is that a Ruger product? Do the filler screws fit fairly flush ?

I got the thread protector at midwayusa. It cost 24.99. It is the Advanced Armament Co (AAC) Thread Protector Blackout Rifle 5/8"-24 .750" OD. I just took a chance and ordered it and it fits pretty much perfect. You got to leave the crusher washer on the gun when you take the flash suppressor off to make it fit flush with the end of the barrel. I found the best way to take the flash suppressor off was to use a #60 torx socket, doesn't damage anything. I don't have the filler screws but they usually screw down way past flush and just back them up and make them flush with maybe a little blue locktite.
594635.jpg