impulse buy mini 14

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eveled

Hawkeye
I stopped by my lgs today on my way home and made an impulse buy. A stainless ranch rifle in a ramline synthetic stock with 7 30 round magazines. 2 are plastic ramline the other 5 are stainless steel and marked made in USA no makers marks. I checked the serial number on Rugers web sight and it was made in 1994. I am shocked it is so old, it looks like it was never shot and is very clean on the inside. I paid $550 for it, did I do all right? thanks Ed.

eveled

Hawkeye
thanks slim. I'll let you know how it does at the range. ED

eveled

Hawkeye
Here is a picture of my new rifle.
ruger001.jpg

sert01

Bearcat
You got a pretty decent deal. I bought a new 580 series last fall for a little over $600. It was the wood stocked, blued, Ranch rifle with just a five round mag. I just got back from putting a couple of hundred rounds through it. I was shooting Silver Bear 55 grain fmj's and it functioned flawlessly. I had a couple rounds of Tula lacquered cased ammo and I had one jam in the chamber. Major rim separation and I had to pound the case out with my cleaning rod. I gave the rest of my Tula ammo away to a buddy of mine. It was shooting fine with the Silver Bear before and after the Tula problem so I'm leaning towards the lacquered cases being the problem.Silver Bear has nickel coated cases. Just a heads up for what it's worth. And it wasn't a dirty chamber problem either as I keep my weapons very well maintained.Good luck with your new baby!!

eveled

Hawkeye
thanks for the positive comments guys. I finally got the ranch rifle to the range today and it was awesome! I could not be happier with it. All the magazines fed with no problems and it is accurate. Ed

deanodog

Bearcat
Good looking rifle. I have had a mini for several years and the accessaries are endless. I have had mine in three of four different stocks. Show here with my 10/22 both with folding stocks.
000_0771.jpg

000_0772.jpg

eveled

Hawkeye
That is a nice pair of rifles you have. I was thinking a folding stock would be fun. I wish somebody made folding stocks that looked like the folding paratrooper carbines from wwII. Ed