Approximate Value of a Ruger M77 tang 308 mannlicher stocked

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Engine49guy

Bearcat
Was at the local GS yesterday and saw a beautiful .308 caliber Ruger M77 with red rubber butt plate , tang safety, iron sites, scope and a mannlicher stock that went to the muzzle.
Wondering whats a decent price for one in 96% condition.
Blueing looked perfect 2 or 3 minor dings in the stock otherwise perfect but no box or docs.
They had it priced at $750

KurtC

Single-Sixer
It sort of depends on what kind of scope is on it, a $50 econoscope or a $300 Leupold.

The other thing to consider is how well it shoots. The tang safety RSI's had the pre-Ruger barrels. Some won't hold 3 moa, others aren't too bad. It's hit or miss (literally).

Engine49guy

Bearcat
Actually didnt take much notice of the scope as it appeared to be a fixed 4X and the GF was hurrying me to go ,
What would the rifle be worth if it had no scope?

Engine49guy

Bearcat
I really have plenty of 308's but love the look of the rifle,
Torn between that and a No1 in 45/70....have to decide between the two.
The No1 is $550 without scope or rings ,
maybe I will offer $600 for the M77 and if no deal go for the No1.

bnewberry

Single-Sixer
I would get it.

Of all the calibers I own, .308 is my least favorite. But my tang safety 77 International in .308 is my favorite gun. I think it is the prettiest gun in the safe and it handles like a dream.

I personally don't like a scope on it, this gun feels perfect without one so you might get them to knock off a few bucks if all that is on it is a cheap scope.

tas6691

Bearcat
I just trade into a tang safety 77International in 308 that the owner wanted $600 for. That seems to be the going rate around here. Personally I would go for the 77RSI over the #1, but I have no use for a 45/70 so my opinion is biased. Now if the #1 were the same Manlicher stock....hmmm

m657

Buckeye
re: "Of all the calibers I own, .308 is my least favorite. But my tang safety 77 International in .308 is my favorite gun. I think it is the prettiest gun in the safe and it handles like a dream"

I could write the same with the change of "...my MOST favorite"....

other than 45-70....
Don't know how one comes to these kinds of conclusions....I always thought the International just looked too weird....then I got one in my hands....

The next most favorite rifle I've ever had was a Stephens 44 1/2 in 38x55. Handiest little thing and deadly on pop can bottoms at 100 yards.

pamtnman

Bearcat
A month ago I paid $720 for a M77 RSI Int. in .308, tang safety, circa 1993, 99% condition, with rings and el cheapo scope. Local buy so no S&H, no surprises. Was able to look it over before buying. It was a little high, but worth it to me. Not an easy gun to find. In great shape it was worth the extra $50. I've seen them go for $1,100.