Kepplinger Trigger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

four70nitro

Single-Sixer
I purchased a new (to me) No. 1 that has a Kepplinger trigger in it. The trigger is not functioning correctly. Used un-set it will release the hammer, but when set the hammer does not fall. When I push the trigger forward to "set" it it clicks into position as expected. When pressed ever so lightly it "clicks" back to the unset position, but the hammer does not fall.

Does anyone here have a set of installation/adjustment instructions for the Kepplinger trigger that could share a copy with me? I did a search on google this morning and didn't find anything useful.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Dave

Fred M

Bearcat
Dave.
If your system is anything like mine, I had to make several modifications. The directions that come with the Kepplinger trigger are very sparse, not much good for anytthing. I had a space of 0.024" between the top of the Kepplinger trigger and the sear extension that goes to the safty. The trigger has to be touching that extension in order to break the hammer and fire the rifle.
To measure the space cock the rifle and put on the safty.

Next I found that the Kepplinger trigger was sligtly kinked and the actual trigger
was rubbing on the opening where the trigger comes out of the frame, makeing
adjustmnent eratic. The rubbing was ever so little and nearly imposible to to detect. I toke part of the kink out of the trigger witha flat file and opened thhe trigger opening in the frame on the kink side.

I made upe a steel shim 0.o24" x . 750" long and glued that shim to the underside
of the sear extension with a special steel epoxy so the Kepplinger would touch.
A better system would be to remove the sear and solder the shim. But sofar the epoxy is giving no trouble. Nrext thing would be to adjust the Kepplinger to your liking and seal all the srews with epoxy so the wont shoot loose.

My own setting are 32oz unset and 16oz set. Before you do any thing with the Kepplinger you need to adjust the the unset trigger pull weight since Kepplinger does not address the unset pull weight. For this I stone the hammer notch.

four70nitro

Single-Sixer
Fred,

Thanks for the reply. I bought the rifle with the trigger already in it, but it is obviously not working correctly. When I get home from Jordan I will pull the buttstock and look things over.

Thanks for the response,

Dave