.275/7X57 ammo question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

singleshot

Single-Sixer
I'm in the process of getting this the no. 1 RSI set up for hunting season. I've hunted for years with a RSI in 06' and have found that the el'cheap'o Remington Core-loks work the best in it (which is great).

I'm just wondering what off the shelf ammo people have seen the best results with their 7X57 or .275 Rigby's? Normally, I'd buy a couple different gr. boxes or different manufacturers, but that's beginning to hurt the wallet and the available space with partial boxes of rounds that didn't shoot so well.

Thanks

Singleshot

Trey Whitley

Single-Sixer
My personal favorite is the Federal 175-grain load. Shoots well in the 7x57's I've owned and gives you the sectional density / on-game performance that made the 7x57's reputation.

At some point I'm going to try Hornady's Superformance loads...I'm glad someone finally loaded some factory 7x57 to 7mm-08 velocity. Way overdue in my opinion.

mrbumps

Blackhawk
I have found the Hornady Superformance 139 grain SST to be very accurate in my No. 1 RSI. 7x57mm. I recently picked up the Lipsey's 77RSI in 7x57, and will try these in that rifle as soon as I get a chance.

singleshot

Single-Sixer
have either of you two tried the Remington Core-Lokts? I'm rather partial to them (cheap)...

Thanks for the input... I'll give the ones that you two listed a go when I get the scope mounted up first of next week...

singleshot