New case hardened .22 Hornet #1 on Lipseys

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Single-Sixer
A new #1 in .22 Hornet with case hardened receiver is on the Lipseys site. No price as of this moment, that's sure to change.

JFB

Hunter
I'll make it easier for otheres to find it.

just needs the express vee and polished blue

https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RU1A22HORNETCCH

wunbe

Buckeye
I'd like to see up close the case hardening on these rifles. Done right it is a hands-on process by skilled smiths. Given the quality control evident in new #1s over the past couple decades I lean toward skepticism.

wunbe

pete44ru

Hunter
021 said:
A new #1 in .22 Hornet with case hardened receiver is on the Lipseys site.

No price as of this moment

That's because it's priceless...…………………. :roll:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mrbumps

Blackhawk
Here is one on Gunbroker with actual pictures. Not sure on the case hardening. Looks kind of like what you find on some of the recent Winchesters that have it.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/779834012

mrbumps

Blackhawk
I broke down and ordered one of these via my FFL and picked it up today. Thought I would post some pics so you could see the wood and case colors. I was pleased with the wood. Saw some with better, and worse on Gunbroker. Also pleased with the case colors. Doesn't quite have that "pop" that Turnbull's has, but I think Turnbull uses a coating over it that gives the pop. This looks very natural to me. The pistol grip cap is also case hardened.

The ammo was a nice gift from my FFL. Someone had just given him a bunch of old ammo in various calibers, including the two full boxes of 22 Hornet.

No1_Hornet_1.jpg

No1_Hornet_2.jpg

No1_Hornet_3.jpg

No1_Hornet_4.jpg

No1_Hornet_5.jpg