A little bird

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I actually think this one is pretty close (they've been working on them for several years now...they hired a Browning man for this project a few years ago)
Ruger is working on two designs...a semi auto and a pump. The pump is a top load design.

I still recall the conversation I had with the president of one of the distributors back a few yrs ago about this hire. Have since heard the same as you mention here. I'd imagined by what I'd heard it was going to be a SHOT thing. Guess it needed a bit more tweaking. Did hear, there'll be something in the "Hard R" line with these.

eveled

Hawkeye
Seems like a quality cowboy style shotgun would sell. Given the popularity of cowboy action shooting.

gunzo

Hunter
Anybody heard anything else on this? Guess if it happens soon the NRA meeting this coming week might reveal something.

Ruger45

Blackhawk
gunzo said:
Anybody heard anything else on this? Guess if it happens soon the NRA meeting this coming week might reveal something.
As a matter of fact just the other night a different bird said the project has once more been scrapped. They may have said that the guys just couldn't get the gun to work right.

gunzo

Hunter
Ruger45 said:
gunzo said:
As a matter of fact just the other night a different bird said the project has once more been scrapped. They may have said that the guys just couldn't get the gun to work right.

Thanks for the reply.

chet15

Hawkeye
Speaking of the serial number on that gun...from what I've seen, there's no way Ruger has built over 100,000 SR762's, so I believe Ruger is using at least two (maybe 3?) different subs for manufacturing receivers which requires their own serial number sequence to keep BATF happy. Does anybody know who those manufacturer's are these days?? They would have their own blocks of numbers with 560-, 561- and 562- prefixes.
Chet15

Tallbald

Buckeye
I suggest that Ruger enter the "firearm" scattergun market tailored to home protection niche, just as the Mossberg Shockwave and Remmie 870 Tac-14 have done. I agree the field shotgun market is saturated. If you love your 590A1 and 870 Express, why change to a different maker of the same genre? of course I also wonder why Ruger doesn't offer a factory AR platform pistol either, another niche. Don.