Ruger Deerfield 44 mag price?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

E.C. West

Bearcat
OK gang, what is a price range of the Ruger Deerfield 44 Mag. I bought it in 2005 or 2006. I put a scope on it and zeroed in the scope. That was the only time I shot it or had it out of the gun safe. I think I even have the box for it some place in the attic.

I don't shoot it, so I am gonna sell it and buy a 243 cal bolt action rifle of some kind. I will shoot a 243 cal. I might even buy a decent 12 ga. shotgun or both.

I'm having a hard time finding a price for the 44. What do you folks think it is worth.

E.C. West

Bearcat
Well, I still don't know what a good fair price would be but I did get this offer. I showed it to a dealer. He offer to swap even for a new Savage 16 FCSS Weather Warrior 243 cal. He had it priced at $779. He offer that before he found out I still had the box the gun came in. The box got him even more excited. :D

E.C. West

Bearcat
$900 is about what I had in mind. I would take that for it. OK . . . now to get it advertised. I'll even let the weaver scope on it, go with the sale of $900.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
I bet he was excited. Ive seen them sell for over $1000. With what he has in that other rifle probably had him licking his chops that he was going to come out $400 plus on his generous even trade offer...pretty even huh?

E.C. West

Bearcat
I bet he was excited. Ive seen them sell for over $1000. With what he has in that other rifle probably had him licking his chops that he was going to come out $400 plus on his generous even trade offer...pretty even huh?

Well, I didn't do the deal. I would rather sell it to an individual. If the person meets me, they get the gun and the paper work does not lead back to them. They give me the money and I give them the gun. :D

E.C. West

Bearcat
I didn't sell the gun but I did trade. I got a new CZ 912 shotgun, semi auto 12 gauge, walnut stock, 2 3/4 & 3 inch

And

I got a new Savage stainless 243 cal,

And he threw in a scope base and rings

Thanks 44 mag Ruger carbine for your increase in value. I paid $400 for you new and today I traded you for more than double what I paid for you.