Ruger #1 and #3 Folks - Show Us Your Junk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gonfishn

Bearcat
I'll start er off with:
ruger3open_zpse3meumma.jpg

Really rough when I got it, stock wise that is, got all the scratches out and prep'd with red putty and went from there. Hand rubbed boiled linseed finish on it now. Has some nice burling on the other side, I'll take a pic of it next and slap it on here as well.

In the meantime, here's my 1B
ruger1b223_zps5hp67mka.jpg

Of course showing off wouldn't be all the fun unless someone threw one of these on here to:
RUGER1A762X39_zps7nplpmfg.jpg

Course I haven't learned to keep my wallet shut as I'm awaiting the delivery of "another" #3 in .223 which is in AS NEW condition from description and pics. Couldn't turn it down, it was that good a deal. I'll post er when I get it in next week sometime. Thanks folks - Let's see em now!

Gonfishn

Bearcat
There were 262 made with the last dozen or so being parts guns, i.e., barrels laying around etc. Production year is noted as 2003, however, they also list (2005) in parenthesis as well. This is a sweet handling gun, sights great but can't tell ya about shooting as I've never done it, it just looks sweet. Got it from a fellow forum member to whom I'll be forever grateful.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
The K1a Lipseys exclusives are something special. Link to their page on your rifle, others may not be aware of:

http://www.lipseysguns.com/post/Ruger-Number-1A-Stainless-Light-Sporter-762X39mm.aspx

ohiosam

Bearcat
I'm waiting on delivery of a .257 Roberts K1A. Been watching them for awhile and the prices have been going up. Happened to find this on listed in the wrong category on an auction site and got it at IMO a reasonable price.

Chief 101

Hunter
Gonfishn said:
Chief, that's some awesome wood.
Thank you, the top rifle started life as a 300 wm and I assume hunted Wapiti in the Idaho back woods. Rode hard and put away wet, when I found it at a pawn shop it went home with me for pennies. I found a 204 R take off barrel for it here, cleaned up the stock(action needs rebluing someday), removed most of the rust from of the action and it is my go to varmint rifle...I decided to make it my "Rat Rod". Center is 1B 6mm, an excellent shooter and last is 1V 223. All under moa as shooters but 204 Ruger trumps 223 for varmints all day long. Sorry for the drivel, but these are my favorites...

dave2091

Single-Sixer
Heliman said:
How about a #2 :?:. Well, a #3 action and barrel with #1B wood. :D Chambering is 444 Marlin.

Dave

What's the barrel length on that 444? Would have thought it would look very short with that 1-B forend.

dave2091 said:
Heliman said:
How about a #2 :?:. Well, a #3 action and barrel with #1B wood. :D Chambering is 444 Marlin.

Dave

What's the barrel length on that 444? Would have thought it would look very short with that 1-B forend.

22". Same length as a #1AB. All original unmodified. With the exception of reaming 44 mag chamber to 444 Marlin.

Dave

Latest posts