RAR Ranch, anyone have one yet?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

9x19

Hunter
I decided to give one in .300 Whisper/Blackout a go... rifle and ammo on the way.

stewmagoo

Bearcat
I purchased one last week from my dealer. He remembered I wanted one in 300BO, and he emailed me. He only received two and one was prepaid months in advance, I haven't performed any shots or scope mounting yet, but its on the list.

Stew

Hello,
I was able to stumble on one at a local shop in 300 AAC. I like the rifle and it as been giving me an inch at 100 without any problems. I have not taken it out more than twice so far but I will be taking it out soon for more workups on reloads. I like it just fine so far.

Bill

9x19

Hunter
These are mine, there are many like them, but....

5.56 with a Burris 2x-7x 35mm
jufl87.jpg

.300 BO with a Vortex 3x-9x 40mm
63w3h4.jpg

stewmagoo

Bearcat
9x19 said:
These are mine, there are many like them, but....

5.56 with a Burris 2x-7x 35mm
jufl87.jpg

.300 BO with a Vortex 3x-9x 40mm
63w3h4.jpg

Very nice! What height quad lock rings did you use ?

bigfuzzy

Bearcat
Wife picked me up 1 yesterday from Cabela's in Fort Mill SC. Have not shot it yet, I don't even rings & scope for it yet.
Last 1 they had.

djw54

Single-Sixer
Finally got to handle one in a local shop (.223, but they had a .300BO in the back).

My first observation was that the rifle was definitely light and maneuverable. FDE, I suppose, is relatively unobtrusive, and won't show dirt. This would be a good trunk gun, or for regular kicking around the brush. This, I think, is it's strong point. My CZ527 carbine (in .223) would never be subjected to that kind of abuse, without cringing. It's too pretty. The RAR is not. Is that it's selling point? Or am I comparing apples and oranges? The thing is, the sticker on the RAR is $439, which is about what I paid for the CZ (albeit used, and a few years ago). Am I that out of touch on prices, or is this a valid question, given that another local shop has a bunch of .270 Americans (Navy digital) for $299? I understand supply and demand, so the latter might just be a rhetorical question.

Help me out here. I'm just not getting it.

9x19

Hunter
I paid $385 for each of mine, new in the box. CZ527 Carbines are in the $600 - $700 range these days (My son has one in 7.62x39).

The Rugers are 100% American made, not all that important to some, but I like it. Both of mine shoot very well, with a terrific trigger design, and rotary mags that fit flush (unlike the CZ's single stack box).

If you like wood, the CZ is the obvious choice (you might even win the wood lottery and get some figure).

Choices exist because we all like something different, so it's OK if you don't get it... I didn't (and still don't) "get it" with the CZ527.

peyton

Single-Sixer
I finally picked up the two RAR's today from Cabela's. Gentleman said price was $439.00, I said "no it is $379.00" because the rain check I had. It took some phone calls to the big manager that quoted the lower price.
Then I ask if they have military discount and they give a 5% discount so each rifle cost 360.99
Now I have to get out to the range.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
Mine in 300blk is a shooter I'm a happy camper though the mag is not up to Ruger standards. Going to visit my sons in Pa in a few weeks the grandkids will get to try it out.

Latest posts