220 swift #1

Help Support Ruger Forum:

trauma1

Single-Sixer
My ffl just got in a #1 in 220 swift. It has was looks like a circassian walnut stock with an ebony forend tip. It is in 1V configuration otherwise. I assume it is a special run for Davidsons, etc. Probably the nicest wood I have seen on a rifle ever. not to dark, not too light and perfectly figured. not sure what it is worth but know what he is going to charge me for it. probably not been shot as bore is way too clean. no box though. wondering what the forum thinks it is worth?

p.s. he also got a Winchester supergrade in .264 winmag with a really nice leupold scope (not pre-64) from the same guy. If interested let me know.

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
It sounds like a re-stocked No.1 to me. I'm not aware of any No.1's with a black forearm tip or any circassian stocked No.1-V's. Can't really give you fair price. Look on Gun Broker under Advanced/Completed Items for Ruger 1 220 (that actually sold) and deduct $200.

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
Actually, I feel that a well-done (i.e. professional, or professional equivalent) aftermarket stocking job with high-grade wood, checkering, etc. adds value over the factory wood, unless it is a collectible rifle for some reason.
Also, Ruger/Brownells used to sell barreled actions, so this may be one of those that someone had stocked to suit them.
It "sounds" like a very nice rifle. When you get it, let us see some pictures.

Oh, and I'd strongly guess that the wood is English walnut, not Circassian.