M77R 257 Roberts Tang safety Asking Price

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stumps13

Single-Sixer
I have a 257 Roberts M77R w/ tang safety and red recoil pad that I want to sell at a local gun show this weekend and I think I will ask $450.00. Gun is 97%+ and has rings but no box. Am I in the ball park as far as a asking price?

Thanks for any advise or suggestions.

Stumps

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Id say you are a little low. Sell it for that and it will be on that dealers table for a good $150 more and hed prob take $550 and pocket a quick $100 if its in the shape you say.

My opinion , take it for what you paid for it , is that a rifle like that should be in the $475 to $550 range. A lot depends on if you find a buyer locally or need to ship. For example , I couldn't do $550 on a nice rifle like that , pay the shipping and my ffl , and make it work. At $475 I can.

If it doesnt sell at the show , why not put it in the classifieds here? Im sure a lot of folks would love the chance at it...

Quattroclick

Single-Sixer
I would injure myself in my haste to empty my wallet at that price......

Problem is, at local gun shows, there might not be that many people who dream of 257 Bobs. Or have even heard of one.

Stumps13

Single-Sixer
Thanks for ALL your help guys as a result I have found a home for a 257 Roberts.

SPF