M77 Zytel/Skeleton - Anybody have input? Letter confirmed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

b1buddy

Single-Sixer
Ruger letters came today confirming configuration - however, still a bit of a quandary to me.

All three are Zytel/Boatpaddle stocked.
One listed – 780-56478 – Letter says is a KM77RPW.
Another one is 780-50573 is also a KM77RPW.

Both of these are stainless naturally, and 7.62x39,
inserts on 50573 is wood,
inserts on 56478 is black,
and both were shipped September 1991.

The big thing to me is that 56478 has factory sights and 50573 does not. :lol: :lol:

Of course someone could have swapped the wood inserts for black on the one, but beyond me why! :?:

I copied what I have found on the forum regarding boat paddle stocked rifles:

Doesn't say anything about sights or not. My serial numbers fall within the range for the RPW. Also, does not indicate anything about black inserts rather than wood.

The third letter ----
A third one they sent a letter for is for M77 789-67512. Ruger said it is a
M77 RP-MK-II. It is in 6.5x55. It is blued and the Zytel stock. If I understand RENE correctly, this may be another one of 50 shipped. :mrgreen:

I have sent Chad (RENE) a note about this since he already had the one with sights on his list as a questionable one without a letter.

Hopefully, I have stated all this correctly. Found an error and corrected it. Anyway, hopefully, will create discussion about these neat boat paddles.

Feel free to comment all you want, especially if you have more data - good or bad. :oops: :oops:

308longdistance

Blackhawk
b1buddy said:
Ruger letters came today confirming configuration - however, still a bit of a quandary to me.

All three are Zytel/Boatpaddle stocked.
One listed – 780-56478 – Letter says is a KM77RPW.
Another one is 780-50573 is also a KM77RPW.

Both of these are stainless naturally, and 7.62x39,
inserts on 50573 is wood,
inserts on 56478 is black,
and both were shipped September 1991.

The big thing to me is that 56478 has factory sights and 50573 does not. :lol: :lol:

Of course someone could have swapped the wood inserts for black on the one, but beyond me why! :?:

The big thing to me would be the KM77 780-56478 that Ruger lettered as a "KM77RPW" should be an early KM77RSP.....RSP = with rings, open sights and zytel stock.....RPW = with rings, zytel stock, no sights, and with wood inserts.

I would have Ruger check the letter on 780-56478. RPW does not match up with what you say it is.

Best I can tell, if it does letter as a KM77RSP it would be the earliest known.

b1buddy

Single-Sixer
Well, I got an email from Ruger today about verification of what the 'official' letter says. Here is a quote copy of it -

" Mr. Bailey:
I double checked your serial number 780-56478 and it indeed is a model 7853. KM77RPW MKII. This was a special run we produced in 1991 for Davidson's, Williams, Acu-Sport, V.F. Grace and Ellett Brothers. We produced approximately 300 units. I do not have any additional information on this model.
Thanks so very much,
Linda M. DeProfio
Ruger Firearms"

I am adding some pictures of it. So, based on the model number and comparing to the RENE definition of them, it is obvious that something is "different" here.

Of course it is possible someone swapped out the wood inserts and/or the complete stock. And they could have changed the barrel. But for me, that sure seems like an illogical thing for someone to do. So, right now, I am figuring it is just one that got that model number and may or may not have been sent with the others.

Naturally, I am open for other thoughts and opinions!

Latest posts