Ruger Hawkeye RSI 30-06 SS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
It could be nice if not for the bead blasted finish. Until Ruger starts putting the satin finish back on them im done buying new ss rifles from them. Good thing there are plenty of mk2's out there...

Rocdoc

Buckeye
rugerjunkie said:
It could be nice if not for the bead blasted finish. Until Ruger starts putting the satin finish back on them im done buying new ss rifles from them. Good thing there are plenty of mk2's out there...

Same here, I was looking forward to the edition once I found out it was to be in 30-06, but the matt finish is not to my liking, and also won't buy another as long as this finish is being used. At least the 250 Savage matt was something of a novelty/mistake, so seemed like they were quite popular given the short run.

Noticed a quantity of 16 on the GB ad, wonder if these are being dumped by Lipseys, never seen that many of these K77RSIs at one FFL.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Jason at Lipsey's said:
Didn't have to dump these. They all sold out in less than a week! The dealer that's on GB always buys a lot of them.

Jason,
Glad to hear they were very successful for Lipseys, hope to hear about the new upcoming caliber offering for the K77RSI when you guys decide what it will be. Maybe out next Spring?

mrbumps

Blackhawk
My local FFL has had two of these in stock for about a month. I don't care for the matte finish myself, but I am sure he will sell them once deer season gets closer.

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
Hopefully sooner than next spring. What caliber would you like to see next? Also, I prefer the brushed stainless over the matte too. Would of rather had the brushed finish on the 30-06, but they made them all before we knew they were matte. It was too late to catch it. Next time we should have it right!

Jason at Lipsey's said:
Hopefully sooner than next spring. What caliber would you like to see next? Also, I prefer the brushed stainless over the matte too. Would of rather had the brushed finish on the 30-06, but they made them all before we knew they were matte. It was too late to catch it. Next time we should have it right!

I would love a 308-stainless and if you would be so bold, add the No.1 quarter rib for forward scope mounting a la the Frontier rifle, an pseudo scout international...that would be slick!

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Jason at Lipsey's said:

Thanks Jason,

That is good to hear.

Given the differing cartridge runs of the Lipseys K77RSI rifle series, maybe on the lower end something like a 22-250, or at the higher end maybe a 300 RCM?
I understand 30 cal is the limit for the RSI barrel profile, is this right?

mrbumps

Blackhawk
Big Old Boy said:
Jason I would be in for a 308/ 7-08/ 243, you pick.

I have one in 308. They did those a couple yrs ago. I believe the 7-08 has been done also. Not sure about the 243.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Link to the history of the entire K77RSI series from Lipseys:

http://www.lipseysguns.com/category/Model-77.aspx

rugerlovah

Single-Sixer
I love the matte finish. OTOH, the muzzle wind from an 18.5" 30-06 is gonna blow your hair back. I think the best RSI lipseys did was the .250 savage, and I was fortunate to get my hands on one. Even this mild cartridge is snappy in the lightweight RSI. I like the idea of the short action RSI's: .223, .243, .308, maybe .260, etc. long action cartridges have a lot of powder to burn and make noise out of the short tube.