Ruger Factory Mini-14 20 Round Mags

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DGW1949

Hunter
I just checked their website. Five shipped to my house would come to $110.52...which makes them $22.14 each (delivered).
That's a perty-dern good deal if ya ask me. :D .

Thanks for the tip.

DGW

lookieloo

Bearcat
DGW1949 said:
I just checked their website. Five shipped to my house would come to $110.52...which makes them $22.14 each (delivered).

Thanks for the tip.

DGW
Still over twice the price of decent AR mags. This is one of the reasons why I sold my Ranch Rifle and bought an AR-15 five years ago. Of course, now I'm into pistol-caliber rifles...

Eray

Bearcat
lookieloo said:
DGW1949 said:

Thanks for the tip.

DGW
Still over twice the price of decent AR mags. This is one of the reasons why I sold my Ranch Rifle and bought an AR-15 five years ago. Of course, now I'm into pistol-caliber rifles...

They are twice the price of AR mags, but they appear to be about twice as thick and heavy. They just might last twice as long.

lookieloo

Bearcat
Eray said:
lookieloo said:
DGW1949 said:

Thanks for the tip.

DGW
They are twice the price of AR mags, but they appear to be about twice as thick and heavy. They just might last twice as long.
In other words, AR mags don't need to be near so overbuilt/precise in order to function just as well. Then there's the matter of ARs being superior in almost every possible metric...

That said, there are a couple of subjective intangibles I miss about my RRR:
-1. Its honest/robust function and engineering.
-2. Its balance and handling.

Eray

Bearcat
Nothing wrong with an AR mag. They are just designed to be more of a disposable item than a Mini 14 mag. The military had more of a throw the empty mag down and leave it behind than the average citizen would. I have twice as many AR mags as Mini 14 mags because they are twice as cheap and I can dispose of them twice as easy.