RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:26 pm 
Hawkeye

Most of the details on public media BUT the part about the armed citizen has been purposely(?) omitted by local radio and KC news.
General info: Female officer was transporting prisoner who over powered her, took her sidearm, and shot her in the abdomen. Prisoner then forced the wounded officer to drive some distance but several citizens followed. When the police car stopped, the citizens approached and the armed citizen aimed his firearm at the prisoner who gave up w/o further gunfire. The citizens then held the prisoner until other officers arrived to take him into custody.
1: The citizens displayed uncommon valor in this scenario
2: The armed citizen displayed extreme self control when facing the armed prisoner.
3: The despicable exclusion by media of the part played by the citizens is absolutely unacceptable.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:15 am 
Buckeye

I agree with your assessment. I hope when they get awards from the PD the media will cover their deeds.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:27 am 
Hunter

Location: A long way from heaven and far too close to Chicago
kmoore wrote:
I agree with your assessment. I hope when they get awards from the PD the media will cover their deeds.

Not likely, such an act doesn't fit the narrative. After all, only the news that's fit to print is considered.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:46 pm 
Hawkeye

I'm happy it wasn't me who had to make the call as far as "shoot/no shoot". I'm pleased the guy made the right call and all turned out OK.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:14 am 
Hawkeye

Later version is the officer (who is still critical) is Trenton MO PD . It was added that "bystanders subdued the suspect" but still no mention that an armed citizen faced off with drawn gun before the episode ended.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:49 pm 
Buckeye

A different incident, PPB awarded the medal of valor to a citizen who disarmed a school shooter. Some reports said the nut job fired a shot, others said he did not. The important part is a football coach/security guy. Unarmed, did a tackle on a kid with a shotgun before anyone was hurt. The award was last week, event was several months ago at Parkrose HS in PDX.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:21 am 
Hawkeye

There's a pro gun "social media" version of the story running wild. Basically tells the tale as it really happened and calls out the news media for the omissions. From some standpoints, omission of the truth is the same as a lie?????

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:04 am 
Hawkeye

Mobuck wrote:
There's a pro gun "social media" version of the story running wild. Basically tells the tale as it really happened and calls out the news media for the omissions. From some standpoints, omission of the truth is the same as a lie?????

Truth is in your face. Omission on purpose is a lie!
gramps