RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:17 am 
Hawkeye

Yeah, since MO became a no permit state there are lots of both OC and CW citizens. I notice things because I prefer to know who/what's around me and therefore spot quite a few of the "casual concealers".
Yesterday I was OC with my little SR22 in pancake style belt holster. It tucks in nicely just inside my elbow and isn't really noticeable. Most everyone has a cell phone pouch these days and as long as the actual gun isn't really obvious, most folks don't notice such things.
I did get a second look Thursday. I held my training meeting in a "gun free" government office building but left my 38 in the Chevy. One of the staff ladies apparently knew enough about guns to recognize the holster and gave it a closer look--I guess to make sure I wasn't violating the no weapons signage.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:35 am 
Hunter

Location: A long way from heaven and far too close to Chicago
Mobuck wrote:
I admit to eating at Burger King fairly often as it's the most accessible and has a slightly lower cost. Lots of others must feel the same. Yesterday as I was entering, about 1/2 of the Sheriff's Deputies were on their way out. After a quick chat with them at the entrance, I went in followed by 4 "tough guy" looking construction workers. The "tough" part is no joke but they're straight up guys-they'd just as likely buy you lunch if you're broke or beat you down if you get out of hand. As I was leaving, a state patrol trooper was pulling into the parking lot and I noticed another on the street waiting to turn in.
The closest thing to a "ruckus" in that place is a spilled drink.

I don't know, to hear some of the small town marshal's deputies talk about how the uniform puts a target on them for the ne'er do wells just aching to shoot a police officer calling such a place safe would be calling them liars even worse than the Supreme court did!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:35 pm 
Hawkeye

Locally, I don't think we've reached the level required to consider an active shooter scenario targeting groups of LEO eating a meal.
That said, we more knowledgeable (and pessimistic) individuals don't sit in the booths facing the parking area.
I really do believe that the possibility that a legally armed citizen putting a well aimed bullet into a threatening miscreant has a lot to do with preventing violent crime within businesses.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:44 am 
Single-Sixer

I always get a good laugh at the commercial where a guy tries to hold up a donut shop---then the room gets very quiet and when he looks around to see why all went quiet, his face is covered with laser dots----his final words are something like "I was just kidding"

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:38 am 
Hunter

Location: A long way from heaven and far too close to Chicago
olcop wrote:
I always get a good laugh at the commercial where a guy tries to hold up a donut shop---then the room gets very quiet and when he looks around to see why all went quiet, his face is covered with laser dots----his final words are something like "I was just kidding"

https://youtu.be/vsVCHE7ayPE

You just had to give the excuse to post a Gunny Glock commercial didn't you...