RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:44 am 
Hawkeye

I suppose some folks will like this new holster from Blackhawk. I don't. Too many "Mechanisms". And especially not for $130 -$150. :shock:

Quote:
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/29/nra-2019-blackhawk-t-series-holster/

At the NRA Annual Meetings 2019 held in Indianapolis, Indiana this past weekend Blackhawk! introduced a new holster that will benefit civilians and law enforcement alike by requiring less finger and hand manipulations to release it with the T-Series Holster. One thing that slows everyone down in their ability to draw a firearm in self-defense is the number of steps it takes to present your weapon; thus, the longer it takes to get rounds on target. The Blackhawk! T-Series looks to improve that by utilizing the “Master Grip Principle” to the fullest.

First off, what is the Master Grip Principle? The idea of the Master Grip Principle is that someone wielding a firearm should simply be able to reach for their firearm, grasp it, and in that simply motion be able to remove that firearm from its holster and present the weapon. All of this should be accomplished in a smooth, uncomplicated fashion. A motion that can be intuitively done with no extra unnecessary steps. The NEW Blackhawk! T-Series Holster accomplishes the idea of the Master Grip Principle perfectly.

Something else that law enforcement place great value on in a holster are levels of retention. Moreover, layers of retention that ensure their weapon is truly secure and cannot be easily removed or taken away from them in the event of a struggle for their handgun. Many holster companies define their “levels” through buttons, procedures, or manipulations that need to occur in order to release a weapon. This is not the best way to define levels of retention. Instead, Blawkhawk! defines their levels of retention through the amount of safety locking mechanisms. In the NEW T-Series Holster you can purchase it with either Level 2 or full Level 3 retention:

Level 1: Friction
Level 2: Trigger Guard Lock Mechanism
Level 3: Guard-over-Rear-of-Slide Mechanism

We used teeth before the sword.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:35 am 
Hawkeye

I think they priced themselves out of the market before they even started.
Then add that it is for Glocks only? Non starter for me.

~ Obscurity is the refuge of incompetence.
~ Don't handicap your children by making things too easy.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:10 am 
Hunter

I don't know about the rest of you on this forum but I won't use a holster that has or requires a retention strap or anything like it. All of my holsters are just open top holsters that allow me to just reach in and draw the gun, no extra steps needed. They all grip the gun firmly enough that I do not worry about it falling out during my normal daily activities. I only carry OWB and pocket carry, but want to have as little slowing down my ability to draw the gun as possible.

Retired

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
― George Orwell