RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:25 am 
Hawkeye

I not only haven't ever seen anything like this, I've never heard of anything like this. One man is intent on killing another man. Victim seems to be clueless as to what to do. And neither do the eye witnesses. For a killer, he is an extremely poor shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... H5ao8fXMoc

WELFARE WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE A CAREER OPPORTUNITY
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." —

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:58 pm 
Hawkeye

That is the reason I carry! A person also needs to be more aware of their surroundings, and to be able to evade incoming threats.
gramps

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:42 am 
Hunter

I've been accused by some in my family for being paranoid. I find I always am looking around and trying to determine how I might react should something dangerous occur. I see it as part of being situationally aware. And I wish I were even more diligent because I do not keep my guard up 24/7 despite my best efforts. I was out with my grandson just yesterday, playing miniature golf. At one point it occurred to me how vulnerable we were focusing on the game, amidst a lot of other players at this busy mini golf course. But I was armed, and did try to keep at least a general eye out for what else was happening around us. I would hope that my sense of awareness in general would have had me take action when the first shot was fired, seeking cover and drawing my own gun. But this video is a good lesson for everyone that what seems like a normal situation changes into a deadly one without warning.

Retired

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
― George Orwell

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:59 am 
Hawkeye

That video really begs the question of what the heck was going on? I'm thinking the guy being shot at may have been stepping out on the shooter's wife or such.... there has to be some story behind it all. Then again, if you are going to kill a guy why start shooting at him from 30+ feet away? I remember reading the story of some mob hit man and his method was to just walk up behind the target, usually on a crowded street, and put one or two 22lr's in the back of their head.

CSIA #599 DCS

"Don't ever think the reason I'm peaceful
is because I don't know how to be violent."

"I'd rather Die while I'm Living than live while I'm Dead"... Jimmy Buffet

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:25 am 
Hawkeye

^^ Crazy (for lack of a better word) doesn't require a reason or an explanation. Crazy just happens.

We used teeth before the sword.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:13 am 
Hunter

It would seem that if a person just wanted to shoot a random victim he would not likely do so where the victim was 30 feet away, and had he reacted quickly to the first shot might have been able to avoid being hit at all. The shooter also would not have likely chosen a location where his car could easily be identified by the numerous witnesses who were present. It seems far too deliberate in the action and choices to be just totally random.

Personally, when I am getting gas for my car (or motorcycle to a lesser extent) I am excessively vigilant about what is happening around me. The likelihood of being robbed, or victimized in a car jacking seems especially high when at a gas station since you are out of your vehicle and, I would assume, have left the keys in the ignition while filling the tank. I realize, however, that this would not protect me against some stranger standing near me from suddenly pulling out a gun and shooting at me. But I would hope that my higher state of awareness would allow me to react quickly to protect and defend myself.

Retired

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
― George Orwell