should i do it?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
I used to trade a lot but lately I have stopped trading with the ammo and gun situation right now. However I may need to trade and was given a good deal but thought I would ask here. I recently have had heart trouble and up until recently pushed mowed my 3/4 acre of land with a little over half of it on a fair bit of a slope, the doctor has said for me to stop push mowing at least up hill. A friend of mine has a Murray 2004 riding mower and it's in good shape as he has taken care of it. He has loaned it to me for the year but I would like to own one and not use someone elses stuff. He finally said, ok if you want to trade something then give me the Ruger Wrangler for the mower. I don't have the money to buy a used one straight out as the cheapest is $350 that is as good as the one I am using. A new one I have been approved for but after financing, it would be $1500.00. I know I need the mower and I have another Wrangler, so I will probably trade but just wanted to know if any of you were in the same boat, what would you do? thanks everyone.

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
Hondo44 said:
Trading the Wrangler is a great trade for you if he'll go straight across.

Yes he said he would trade even, he really doesn't want to trade or sell the mower and told me to use it as long as I want because he has a newer one and won't use it anyhow. But told me he would take the Wrangler if it made me feel better, he also knows it's my lowest cost gun that I own, he is a good friend.

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
Lets see.
A Wrangler is around $250-300.
A good used riding lawnmower will more than likely cost $500 and up. More on the up side for a good one.

Tell him that you will throw in a box of highly collectable 22 ammo and it might just seal the deal.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Gift Horse....

Do it..... it's a great deal and you need the rest.......

J.

I bought a new Wrangler for just under $200 this past week. Dang betcha I'd swap a Wrangler straight across for a good 2nd hand riding mower, if I needed one even a little bit.

Around here cheap "off brand" small lawn tractors sell for $300 to
$400 at that age in good running condition. It would be a good deal to you
and a bit of a gift from your friend to make the trade.
You need the help the machine can provide....tell him Thanks.
Dave

eveled

Hawkeye
IDK. I'd be inclined to get the new one. Then you'll be set for the long term. A 20 year old off brand mower is bound to have a failure soon. Then you will still need a new one

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
I have had riding mowers for 47 years now. Never had one last 17 years. My son's 16 year old Murray is just about junk, and won't last another year.

OTOH, your Wrangler will still be in use by your Great Grandchildren. My 1964 Ruger (57 years old) still runs like new.

A no-brainer for me.

AkRay

Single-Sixer
If I'm understanding this situation correctly, I have to ask what good will your Wrangler be to you if you're pushing your mower cutting grass and fall over dead from a heart attack? Make the trade, or finance a new one or just let the grass get away from you, but stop using the old mower because it isn't costing you anything.

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
If you actually need it , and don't have the cash , you would be ahead $ wise to trade .

The other question is that mower vs new , or significantly newer mower . But that's a slippery slope . Sometimes ,for some people , money really does matter .

Latest posts