Finger Groove 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I was over at Brownell's in Grinnell Iowa today and they had a 10/22 Finger Groove model in their used gun rack. Price on it was $499.00. Looked to be in very good shape. I was tempted, but didn't want to do another 6 our r/t to pick it up. Plus not sure what they are actually going for.

kevin masten

Blackhawk
Stock checkered or plain? If not terribly abused, rifle is worth amount asked. Maybe a little back and forth will result in a lower sale price. And, for a fact, you do not often see them available. Very few produced. Maybe a second look/see would be worth your while. Would be in my case. Good luck.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Just because there's reproduction stocks out there...give it a closer look over

hittman

Staff member
... but if it's a factory fingergroove with checkering you've really got something there ...

JStacy

Blackhawk
I have two and I think they are the best off hand shooting stock design Ruger made. Mine have GM sportier weight barrels and are quite accurate and to my eye very pleasing lines on that stock !! A nice one here in south Texas routinely has an asking price of 500.00

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
I sorta go the other direction when I cruise around gunshows. I look more for those Ruger 10/22's made in the early 1990's, mainly for the trigger systems and black anodised receivers. The newer 10/22 rifles strike me more as being a "bounce around in the truck" gun. Don't care much for the plastic trigger guards and black painted receivers on these new ones.
I'd just rather have an older one that I can get for around $200.00 and then go from there: