LCP II .22 LR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
Thinking about heading down to the locally owned gun supplier and checking out the LCP II .22 pistols.

Got a couple questions:

1) If you have one, how do you like it?

2) What did it cost you just for the pistol?

3) What is the lowest price you've seen for one?

Thanks in advance!!! :wink: 8)

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I'm interested in picking one up. But I'll wait until they get all the bugs worked out and I'd bet that Ruger will produce a "pro" model that lacks the external safety which is what I would want.

hittman

Staff member
I got one when they first came out.
Paid $325 and bought it locally.
Haven't checked prices since.

Took mine to a local indoor range on a cold snowy day.
It handled 100 rounds perfectly.
First 50 were high velocity .... the last 50 were a mix of whatever was in my container ..... all bulk pack stuff, Winchester, Federal, Aguila.

I picked up a nice leather IWB holster from Midway and carry it from time to time.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
hittman said:
I got one when they first came out.
Paid $325 and bought it locally.
Haven't checked prices since.

Took mine to a local indoor range on a cold snowy day.
It handled 100 rounds perfectly.
First 50 were high velocity .... the last 50 were a mix of whatever was in my container ..... all bulk pack stuff, Winchester, Federal, Aguila.

I picked up a nice leather IWB holster from Midway and carry it from time to time.

Hitt, I was expecting a price closer to the .380 LCP... around $225.

Why do you suppose they're around the $300 range??? I paid... NIB for my LCP, $170 shipped.

hittman

Staff member
I've no clue on the prices.

Maybe because they're new?

I think when the LCP 380 first came out it was in the $300-plus range too.

Regardless, it was available and I wanted one so ...... here it sits. :lol:

My son has the LCP-II in 380. I've had really bad luck with the Ruger LC line of guns but my son loves his 380 and when Ruger brought out the 22, I decided to give them another chance.

I have a couple of them. I am an impulse buyer. I paid $294 each at Kentucky gun company, they had them on sale. I have gotten around to shooting either one yet. I have no idea why they are so expensive. I will probably give one of them to my son.

I gave $289/each for the two I have. That's at the LGS, and about as cheap as I've seen them anywhere. And I think the price of the LCP .380 is a heckofa bargain, and the price of the LCP2-22 is still pretty dang good for the value of the product. There are not a whole lot of quality .22 pocket pistols that can be bought new for under $300 nowadays.

I like them quite a bit, have probably a brick of rounds thru the older one with one misfeed (in the first magazine full I fired) and one misfire (probably a dud Remington round). Gave away my old SR-22 to my nephew's bride (a new shooter) when I bought the first of my two LCP2-22s.

I carry mine in my pocket nearly all the time when I can't carry a bigger gat.
I have arthritis in my hands and find the LCP2-22 easy to operate and painless to shoot. I recommend them.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Ok, I have an LCP .22 in layaway jail, should be able to bail it out in a few weeks. Those of you who have one, is it ammo finicky at all? My usual .22 handgun load is Federal Champion 40 grain or Winchester Super Speed 40 grain. Small .22 handguns have a reputation for not liking anything other than Mini Mags.

I usually shoot Mini Mags, but mine has worked fine with Remington Cyclone and Viper, Aguila Super Extra, CCI Stingers, and a few odds and ends from the pill bottle in my truck.

I don't remember trying any of the plain lead wax coated standard velocity loads in it. I usually buy plated HV loads.

hpman66

Hunter
IF you can find one, Academy has them for $289. BUT they don't have spare magazines.

5of7

Hunter
I bought one on Tuesday and fired 1 magazine through it and thought it was fine. Yesterday and today, it is a different story. Feeding issues evolved along with light strikes and failures to go completely into battery, resulting in pulling the trigger and feeling nothing. All of this after disassembly and cleaning.

So I got my depth mike out and found that the head space was right at the SAAMI minimum of .043". Checking the ammo, which included WW HV HP, Federal HV HP, CCI velocitors, CCI Blazer and ELEY Club, and found that rim thickness runs from .043 to .048. which may explain the trouble of not returning completely to battery. Also accuracy at 30 ft. is abysmal running out to 8". Ely club did manage a 3" group, which I would settle for because it is on a par with the LCP in 380 that I carry. So I disassembled and cleaned it again and noticed that I could find no indication that there was any rifling in the bore although there must be some because the bullets were not tumbling or making oval holes in the paper.

So, it don't sound good does it? I will try another 100 rounds or so and if no improvement, I'm gonna call Ruger and politely ask for a mailing label to send it back.

MIshooter

Single-Sixer
I've had mine for several months and it eats just about anything and 50ft accuracy is 2-3". CCI Mini Mags are really LOUD though. Feeds and ejects CCI standard velocity without issues.

H Richard

Bearcat
Hittman, you should let me try that LC22, I've been interested. I also like the LCP's. I had a original LCP from when they first came out, and was well satisfied until I tried the LCPII, I immediately bought the LCPII and sold off the LCP. I still have no regrets, and it has digested several different handloads as well as several factory rounds. It stays with me.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Read this thread and realized I was the first to respond. Well I didn't wait for a Pro model without a safety because I couldn't pass up on such a great deal. To answer the OP's 3 questions.

1. So far so good, it's a lot of fun

2. $230 on Gunbroker NIB

3. $230

deputygene

Bearcat
I just got one, only had a few minutes today before work to shoot it. Loaded up 3 magazines with Winchester lead round nose. Light strikes galore, at least 3 on each magazine. Some would fire second time around, some wouldn't. Shot another 50 rounds of this ammo through my Wrangler, no problems. I have some other ammo including Aquila, Velocitors and Golden bullets I will try to see if it is ammo specific. I hope that is the problem.

deputygene

Bearcat
Update,
Tried three different types .22 ammo today, around 250 rounds including Rem Golden Bullets, Aquila standard velocity and Federal Bulk Pack. 1 failure to feed with the Federal while limp wrist. I'll take that, shoots pretty good, pretty much right on the sights. Yeah!

REP1954

Blackhawk
Great little gun in my book. Mine prefers HV ammo. The firing pin broke at about 800 rounds. I have about 2000 rounds in it and use it for a pocket warmer. I have added a Crimson Trace Laserguard and it makes a great little package. CCI SBG is the preferred round in it. I paid $319.00 at the beginning of the year.