MKII 22/45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

scubadad

Bearcat
I seem to be lucky finding nib rugers lately. p89, p345, and now a mk2 22/45 stainless target with the short tapered barrel. A lgs had it listed as a mk3 but after looking closely it was a mk2. Still had the qc sticker on the frame. Serial number dates to 93 production. Now for the best part. $300 otd with both mags, box,papers and lock. And the icing on the cake was I traded in a sr22 and got $225 for it.

Took her home and ran a few hundred rounds thru her of mixed variety ammo. All fed fired and ejected.

I wish my luck with finding autos would carry over to ruger wheel guns. Then again I would probably be broke

RUT

Single-Sixer
A much under appreciated model, but still one of my favorites. Mine is one of my best shooters, especially with VQ trigger, sear, and bushing. Add to that Williams Firesights and you have a proven winner!

wvjoetc

Single-Sixer
Mine is very accurate, they are underrated compared to the bull barrel. Mine shoots as good as the target bull.

Xsales

Buckeye
To me the best model for shooting is the MKII 22/45

Form, fit, function etc.. is dead on for my shooting
Have several and none every any issues

Great find, will last you a lifetime

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
The whole first year of production involving the Ruger 22/45 pistol involved the version you now have. While it was indeed produced during the Mark II era, it never was considered a Mark II version. I have one also:
jwHpt73l.jpg

During this first year production run, the bottom of the receiver was not "smash-fit" to the lug in the grip frame as the Ruger Mark III 22/45's were:
LV4KpVyl.jpg

Some complained that the 22/45 pistols were too loose a fit to the grip frame for their liking, so Ruger hired a Neanderthal with a huge hammer to tighten things up a bit