New To Me Bearcat

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dumbear

Bearcat
Just got a old model Bearcat Ser# 1069xx. Looks really nice accept for a small amount pitting on left side of barrel near muzzle. Functions great and trigger is wonderful. Paid $275 for it. I will pick it up Fri and try to post a couple pics. I think I will try to polish off the pitting and blend it to look like holster wear. Any suggestions on a polishing compound to try would be appreciated.

chet15

Hawkeye
Dumbear said:
Just got a old model Bearcat Ser# 1069xx. Looks really nice accept for a small amount pitting on left side of barrel near muzzle. Functions great and trigger is wonderful. Paid $275 for it. I will pick it up Fri and try to post a couple pics. I think I will try to polish off the pitting and blend it to look like holster wear. Any suggestions on a polishing compound to try would be appreciated.

Dumbear, can you tell me if the eagle on the barrel has a tiny SR in the middle of it or is it plain? I keep notes on such things and your gun happens to be smack dab in the middle of where they changed the rollmark.
Chet15