Ruger bx triggers do you like them ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dgr416

Single-Sixer
I bought two ruger bx trigger systems for my ruger 1022 rifles .
I actually had one of my 1022 triggers break so I figured this was going to be a better trigger than what's on them .I hope that it being plastic it won't break easy .I am putting on on my folder 1022 and one on my full laminated stocked stainless 1022 .I was in a bind and for $60 each it is not a bad deal plus I like the magazine release .

Everything is relative. I've got some high end triggers that are far better. But, the BX trigger is still a useful improvement over the stock trigger.

Ironically, my really nice triggers are socked away, while I'm actually using the BX triggers. So yes, I do like them. 8)

Achigan

Single-Sixer
Yup, I like mine. I just use it for plinking with grand daughter and squirrels. I'm not near the connoisseur some are, but could easily notice a marked improvement.

Achigan said:
Yup, I like mine. I just use it for plinking with grand daughter and squirrels. I'm not near the connoisseur some are, but could easily notice a marked improvement.

That's it in a nutshell, the improvement you get for the money spent is a great deal. My wife really likes the BX trigger in her 10/22.

Kenny B.

Bearcat
Like Achigan, I am nowhere close to being a connoisseur du triggeurs, but I really like the BX. I haven't had the opportunity to use it a lot since the range near my residence has had to close due to the current virus issue. My youngest son tried it and thought it was a marked improvement over the factory trigger.

dgr416

Single-Sixer
I just put two of those triggers in my ruger 1022.I might do a trigger job and paint the trigger group that came out if my full stock laminated 1022 .The new trigger looks good I just want back up in case something breaks again .

Bull Barrel

Hunter
The Liberal held left bank of the Mississippi Rive
I have never fired a 10/22 with the BX trigger but have done the "test" of just the trigger at the store.
A friend put a BX in his plus is installing a Ruger trigger set in his AR.
I will have a chance to fire both soon. If I like em I may get both but I really don't get to shoot as much as I used to.
I'll let y'all know what I think!

Yes and the best part about them. Go to the store where there are a pile of them. They are packaged to test. You go through them and you will find the good, better and best. Buy the 1 that you feel is the best. If you take a couple minutes and try 10 or so you will find how different they are.

I just received my first BX trigger group as a replacement for the terribly rough factory trigger of the 10-22 on which I've installed the integrally suppressed barrel. Definitely an improvement. When time and funding improves, I'll find a parts set(probably VQ) for the gritty old aluminum trigger group and overhaul it. Then that upgraded unit will go into the 10-22 show off rifle.
I'm hoping that will give the "3 on the way" performance I've been chasing. "3 on the way" means I have 3 bullets in the air headed for the 100 yard gong before the first gets there(and all 3 have to hit the 8" swinger).