Ruger Mark IV with suppressor reliability?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
Has anyone found subsonic .22lr ammunition that is very reliable in their Ruger Mark IV with a suppressor?

I'm leaning toward buying one, but my previous experience with Ruger Mark II pistols (I had two of them) was that they were finicky about the .22 ammo they would should.

With a suppressor on the new Mark IV pistols, I'd like to hear that current owners have found a particular brand of .22 subsonic ammo that functions reliably.

Thanks for your answers! Pic of the Turnbull version I'd like to get posted for attention and drool factor!

Achigan

Single-Sixer
Mine cycles just fine with cci Suppressor s and a Dead Air Mask out front. I got one of the VQ bull barrels to put on top or my ss frame.
Drool indeed!

My 4" 22/45 III runs fine with Aguila sub-sonic thru the muffler. I did notice the 5.5" 22/45 was a bit draggy with that ammo last week but it had been sitting on the shelf 3-4 months and just guessing it was a bit stiff. After 4-5 shots, it was cycling fine.
Aguila, RWS, and CCI sub-sonics all function fine in a broken in, properly lubed Ruger. The CCI sub-sonic HP is an excellent hunting load and scary accurate.

Latest posts