A not very showy showoff

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I was going to show the boys how well my back-up 22/45 was shooting last evening. Took it to the gate post and proceeded to shoot the 4" swingers @ 60 yards. Only got one hit of 5 shots. DARN, did way better w/o the audience. About the time my mag ran dry I realized that the "clicking sound" after the shot was the bullets hitting the strap that the swinger hangs from. I was using a "sub-sonic" hold for super sonic ammo and POI is about 2-3" different at that range.
The dot sight on that pistol is adjusted to put HV bullets on the dot @ 50 yards and sub-sonics on the lower edge of the dot. OOPS. Like my friend commented a couple months ago, if I'd use bigger targets, it would be easier to hit them. He even offered to give me some to hang so he didn't lose confidence by missing so much.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Me too. Longer distance swingers need to be bigger with a smaller size and different color center target. That way you may not shoot any better but at least you can see where you're misses are going on the bigger target.

When (IF) this current kerfuffle ends, I'll check out some brighter paint colors for the pile of swingers I'm planning to hang. Orange, yellow, chartreuse, hot pink, or whatever else I might find at Menards. I'd like to place 2 or 3 banks of different colored targets giving the kids more challenges than just plinking the same over and over. Gets them used to moving and acquiring different targets.
My swingers are still painted black to increase the visibility against a snow background so with poor light, they're tough to see.