Wrangler

Help Support Ruger Forum:

deputygene

Bearcat
Finally walked in the LGS and they had three Wranglers for sale. Picked the black one and brought it home. Had some Winchester subsonic 22's and a bucket of Remington Golden bullets. Had quite a few light primer strikes that wouldn't fire second time around. Both types shot fine in my Heritage Rough Rider. Found a box of CCI Mini Mags that shot fine. Everything that did fire seemed like light strikes with barely a dent in the cases. That was a couple weeks ago, Took it apart, cleaned it. Today it shot everything I put in it, including some shot loads that were deadly on bumble bees. Still the primer strikes look kinda light, certainly lighter than what the Heritage doess.
Anyone else have this problem?

contender

Ruger Guru
I only have one shooter,, and have a few others "put up." My shooter one has never had any issues. Maybe all yours needed was a cleaning. And trying to compare the firing pin indentation from one brand to another is not a correct comparison.

gunzo

Hunter
SteveRuger said:
I have all 4 colors and shot them with no problems...So Farr.

4 colors?

I only know of 3 & after reading this I went to their site & only 3 colors still show. Have I missed a special run?

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Distributor is RSR group for model 2008

https://www.rsrgroup.com/search?Category=all&Keywords=Ruger+Wrangler&action=Search

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
deputygene said:
Took it apart, cleaned it. Today it shot everything I put in it, including some
shot loads that were deadly on bumble bees. Still the primer strikes look
kinda light, certainly lighter than what the Heritage does.
Anyone else have this problem?
Talked with Ruger yet?

deputygene

Bearcat
No Hawkeye, haven't talked to Ruger yet, just wanted to see if anyone else had any light strike issues. Since it worked 2nd time out, I'll keep shooting it to see how it does.

xtratoy

Buckeye
" Today it shot everything I put in it, including some shot loads that were deadly on bumble bees." Just saying.... https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/04/190418131342.htm

57springer

Buckeye
I got my OD green wrangler this morning. Going to shoot it tomorrow, this loading gate is so much easier to open than the wrangler I bought a year ago. Has anyone else seen a difference on the newer production guns ??

Latest posts