Anyone? RUGER AMERICAN® RIMFIRE LONG-RANGE TARGET

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mr.revolverguy

Bearcat
Has anyone put their hands on one or have completed a review. Wonder how it compares to the BergaraR14

woodsy

Blackhawk
RSIno1 said:
IMHO - Long range target and rimfire don't belong in the same sentence.
Perhaps because you have not fired my 1948 Mossberg 46B. No word less than amazing qualifies. Have had it for 64 years. A few years ago I met a guy at an outdoor range in VT, and he had the succeeding #46 model, and it was (is) just as accurate as mine.
Just sayin'.

mr.revolverguy said:
Has anyone put their hands on one or have completed a review.

The naysayers are already speaking, as is customary. :wink:

I am also interested in hearing reports from hands-on experiences.

I have the precision rimfire, and I think it's quite incredible. I would be interested in this latest target version.

WAYNO said:
mr.revolverguy said:
Has anyone put their hands on one or have completed a review.

The naysayers are already speaking, as is customary. :wink:

I am also interested in hearing reports from hands-on experiences.

I have the precision rimfire, and I think it's quite incredible. I would be interested in this latest target version.
Wayno
I think the the action is the same as the Precision with the more traditional target stock set-up for those who don't like the AR-15 style chassis of the precision, my understanding is you can expect similar results...and good accuracy out to 100 yards with good ammo.

I have not handled one yet but I think I will like it.

YMMV

NH Rugerman said:
Wayno
I think the the action is the same as the Precision with the more traditional target stock set-up for those who don't like the AR-15 style chassis of the precision, my understanding is you can expect similar results...and good accuracy out to 100 yards with good ammo.

YMMV

I would also suspect it's the same action, but I do prefer this more traditional target stock to the AR-style/skeleton chassis.

WAYNO said:
NH Rugerman said:
Wayno

YMMV

I would also suspect it's the same action, but I do prefer this more traditional target stock to the AR-style/skeleton chassis.

I agree 100%, this rifle interests me whereas the AR-style precision doesn't...

hittman

Staff member
No help for you on this gun but for those doubting long range in a 22LR they should come shoot my Remington Nylon 11 with rare 24 inch barrel.

Of course I had a Weatherby once that was pretty impressive too.

JStacy

Blackhawk
Rem Mod 37's hold the 200 yard record . I'm not sure any other competition shoots 22's for record beyond 200 yards.

There are many accurate 22 rifles. "Long range" rimfire shooting is more on the shooter than the rifle. The older 22 "target" rifles often had better fitting and higher quality barrels. I see many of the current models as "lipstick on a pig" as a marketing ploy.
The RAR is an OK price point plinker/hunting rifle but it's easily bested by an economy grade CZ in side by side shooting here. Putting a fatter barrel and "tacti-cool" stock on one doesn't change the actual capabilities.