LCP2 in .22LR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I think a little LCP-sized .22 could be a neat, and maybe even a useful little item.

Yesterday, I wasn't even thinking of such a gun, but I could easily end up with one of these.

Two weeks ago I also wasn't thinking about a Glock in .22LR, but the day after it was announced, I had one on order. 8)

Doug in Alaska

Bearcat
I looked at the website and don't understand, if it was designed to be a practice gun for those with the LCP II, why does it have a manual safety? If I need to use my .380 LCP II in a life or death situation, I sure as hell don't want to be fumbling for the safety. JMHO

Guessing it has a manual safety to comply with some stupid legislative mandates regarding tiny rimfire pistols.

IE: "Saturday night special" legislation.

I'll probably end up with one of these, even with the manual safety.

toysoldier

Hunter
This is a self-defense option for a recoil-sensitive person with impaired hand strength. Ten rounds of .22lr will go a long way toward discouraging bad guys.

s4s4u

Hunter
Doug in Alaska said:
I looked at the website and don't understand, if it was designed to be a practice gun for those with the LCP II, why does it have a manual safety? If I need to use my .380 LCP II in a life or death situation, I sure as hell don't want to be fumbling for the safety. JMHO

Tha lack of a manual safety is what keeps me from buying an LCP2. I will stick with the original.

s4s4u said:
Doug in Alaska said:

Tha lack of a manual safety is what keeps me from buying an LCP2. I will stick with the original.

you got that right !!!!

s4s4u said:
Doug in Alaska said:

The original doesn't have a safety so what am I missing?

NH Rugerman said:
s4s4u said:
Doug in Alaska said:

the original has a very long heavy trigger pull , more like a heavy double action revolver , the LCP II has a much lighter trigger pull with just that little Glock like safety lever in the face of the trigger ,

Hawk-in-Wi said:
s4s4u said:
Doug in Alaska said:

the original has a very long heavy trigger pull , more like a heavy double action revolver , the LCP II has a much lighter trigger pull with just that little Glock like safety lever in the face of the trigger ,[/quote]

Thanks...appreciate the explanation...

Doug in Alaska

Bearcat
Hawk-in-Wi said:
s4s4u said:
Doug in Alaska said:

you got that right !!!!

Whatever makes you guys happy I suppose. Enough of that.

I have a pistol or two somewhere stored away that has a safety on them.....

As for this little pistol... the part about using it for practice makes sense.... except if you are using it for practice over the larger caliber pistols why change the safety design? I suppose the best way would be to just leave it off all the time.. like I do with my MK III. I'll never understand the thinking behind that stupid double trigger Gluck came up with.

rimmer

Single-Sixer
I've got one. 85 rounds through it and the trigger is a lot nicer. It's down to about 5 lbs. Bought it for my wife and she can't handle recoil. This little gun doesn't have any.
The manual says you can dry fire it with no problems. It needs hi v ammo to cycle the slide.

5of7

Hunter
I'm thinkin' that it is a good way to learn trigger control when shooting a small DAO pistol, without having to pay $15 a box for ammo. So.....will there be conversion kits for those of us who already have an LCPII?

5of7

Hunter
rimmer said:
I've got one. 85 rounds through it and the trigger is a lot nicer. It's down to about 5 lbs. Bought it for my wife and she can't handle recoil. This little gun doesn't have any.
The manual says you can dry fire it with no problems. It needs hi v ammo to cycle the slide.

I have the original LCP and I bought the LCPII thinking the trigger pull would be better than the older model. It wasn't. They both break at between 5 and 6 lbs, which is not all that bad. I put the LCPII back into the safe and am still carrying the older one because it has a SS slide.