LCP2 in .22LR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hpman66

Hunter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn5vuF7CGH0&feature=youtu.be
Is The Ruger LCP .22LR The Ultimate Underwear Gun?
Lucky Gunner Ammo
Published on Apr 28, 2020

jjas

Single-Sixer
I've never used the loader that came with the pistol. I just load it as I would any other .22 pistol and haven't cut myself once and I've run a few hundred rounds through it.

As for the safety...it hasn't been an issue either.

hpman66

Hunter
Reviews & shoots a variety of ammo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK7JlMS56NQ&feature=emb_title
Ruger LCP II 22lr Review & Shoot
outdoor adventures
Published on Jan 7, 2020

hpman66

Hunter
NOTE: Video points out how grip can affect reliability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEDSCuOCWfI&app=desktop
22lr CCW - Ruger LCP II in 22lr
704 TACTICAL
Published on Apr 18, 2020

gs50401

Bearcat
I bought one for the heck of it. Neat little 10 shot plinker and maybe a last ditch BUG. No real need to over think it.

Buy what you like and like what you buy.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Bailed mine out today and took it for a test drive. 100 rounds of cheap ammo fired with no malfunctions and surprisingly good accuracy at 20 feet. The sights, while simple, are easier to see than those of alot of larger guns. My lone gripe is that mine has a pretty heavy trigger pull, maybe 8 pounds. Still, it doesnt keep me from shooting it well so I'm not going to complain. I'm going to chronograph some rounds and see what kind speed it gets with the short barrel.

Way to go Ruger, I could see myself getting a second one!

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Have put a couple hundred rounds through my LCP .22 and really like this gun. No malfunctions so far, and surprisingly good accuracy. I feed it Aguila Interceptor 40 grain, which clocks 1002 fps across my chronograph from this pistol. Winchester Power Points do really well also, 954 fps.

hpman66

Hunter
FergusonTO35 said:
Have put a couple hundred rounds through my LCP .22 and really like this gun. No malfunctions so far, and surprisingly good accuracy. I feed it Aguila Interceptor 40 grain, which clocks 1002 fps across my chronograph from this pistol. Winchester Power Points do really well also, 954 fps.

Have you shot any 36grain(or lighter) ammo through it yet?

hpman66 said:
FergusonTO35 said:

Have you shot any 36grain(or lighter) ammo through it yet?

I've used CCI Mini Mag 36 grain HP quite a bit with mine. I've had no problems with it.

silverback

Blackhawk
Really like thus little gun. Just installed spring kit and removed mag disconnect and thumb safety. Much more usable. I understand ruger was justified as they probably understood that some would use as pocket gun. So having a gun that If used without holster could have AD in pocket.
I prefer no mag disconnect and safety. If it goes in my pocket ot will be in a holster. Maybe I will pick up another doe carry. That is if I ever use it that way.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
How did you remove the mag safety? I like the thumb safety and wish they would make it optional on the .380. I don't want or need the mag safety though.

9x19

Hunter
I picked up one two weeks ago, just in case I need to (further) arm the grand kids.

They both have S&W 15-22s, but if things keep heading down hill they might need a handgun, and the 7 year old has really short fingers. :mrgreen:

I took it out to the range last week.

One mis-feed in the first mag, flawless after that.

Ran CCI and Federal bulk ammo thru it. Not a fan of the thumb safety, but got along fine with the rest of the pistol.

NQDLz9x.jpg

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I have now put around 400 rounds through my LCP .22. The only ammo it doesn't like is the Winchester bulk pack 36 grain plated hollow point. Get alot of light strikes with those. Everything else goes bang and ejects just fine. It shoots about 2-1/2" high at 10 yards. Maybe this is by design, I don't know. I'm going to just file a little at a time off the rear sight until it gets to my liking. Really like this gun, I always have it on me at home.