22 CC Mini-Mag Case separated

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I went shooting yesterday. The first magazine of this CC Mini Mag Magazine in my Ruger Mark II had the case head blown off. It really shocked me and some debris came back and hit my face and then of course caused a stove pipe with the next round. Lots of smoke too, really weird, I can say in the thousands and thousands of 22LR rounds, mostly through this very same Mark II, I've never had anything like this.

Is this very common? Should I report this to the ammo maker, perhaps send them the two pieces of brass and the box? I know it was the ammo, the gun was fairly clean AND, I had multiple mis-fires with the same box of ammo in three different guns, two Mark II's and a Browning Buckmark. And it wasn't even that accurate either. The box is probably 3 or 4 years old.

d6nye0xl.jpg

Snake45

Hawkeye
Only time I ever had that happen was when one let go when the bolt didn't go FULLY forward and the gun fired out of battery. Wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened to you.

Thanks, I hadn't thought about an out of battery discharge. Especially because I had so many misfires from the same box of ammo in several guns.

I did set the gun down and figured I should probably clean it really well before taking it back to the range.