VQ accuracy upgrade

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Last week, my friend came by to help me with a plumbing project. As a payback, I took him out to the range to shoot my suppressed 4" 22/45 III with a full VQ accurizing package. He commented that I'd done quite a bit of bragging on this little gun and now he'd get to find out if I was BS'ing.
He's a pretty decent shot with a lot of "3 gun" under his belt so I just let him try the 4" swingers @ 65 yards off hand. After a bit of fussing with the FastFire dot, he figured things out and made some hits. By the time he hit slide lock, he was grinning ear to ear and asked "what it took to have a pistol like this". I told him it was all OTC and only required tear down and re-assembly of the pistol. I let him take the next mag with a rest off the corner of the bench and he was consistently hitting the swingers. My guess is, I'll be getting a call to help him with his own 22/45 before long.

You won't be disappointed.
I did just the partial upgrade on a 22/45 Mk2 and it's a great improvement. I was going to send my spring housing (?) to SGW for installation of the new hammer spring but never got around to it.

RUT

Single-Sixer
>>I did just the partial upgrade on a 22/45 Mk2 and it's a great improvement<<

A "partial" is all it really takes. On my two Mk2 22/45s I added the VQ trigger, hammer bushing, and sear, and couldn't believe the difference. Both have a ~2# trigger pull and are a joy to shoot. :)