Ruger Ammo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I finally got my 70th anniversary ammo shown here with my Ruger American rollout ammo. Is there any other Ruger "collector" .22 ammo?

rLk9furl.jpg

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Ordered my 70th ammo seems like a month ago? Hear it is slow to arrive. Unaware of the American edition, does it have the Ruger headstamp? Try to buy commerative ammo when I see it.

contender

Ruger Guru
I'm still in search of the American .22 rf ammo for my collection.
And to answer your question,, yes,, there was some other .22 ammo made decades ago,, and I've only seen a few boxes. None were for sale. I'll see if I can find my picture.

contender

Ruger Guru
I looked,, and my picture wasn't where I thought it was. I'll see if I can find one.
Basically,, it's a very plain box & most likely from the late 1950's to the early 1960's if my memory is correct.

Rocdoc said:
Ordered my 70th ammo seems like a month ago? Hear it is slow to arrive. Unaware of the American edition, does it have the Ruger headstamp? Try to buy commerative ammo when I see it.

It has a Super X head stamp. The 70th ammo ships from CCI.

contender said:
I'm still in search of the American .22 rf ammo for my collection.
And to answer your question,, yes,, there was some other .22 ammo made decades ago,, and I've only seen a few boxes. None were for sale. I'll see if I can find my picture.

Do you have any idea who manufactured it?

contender

Ruger Guru
"I believe there's a picture of it in John Dougan book."

Bingo!!!!!!!
I have a picture I took of a box somewhere,, but Dougans book has an excellent picture of the ammo. Page 76,, of his book; "The Vintage Years!" Also a brief description of it as best he could find. Made "prior to 1961!"

Rocdoc

Buckeye
WAYNO said:
Rocdoc said:
Ordered my 70th ammo seems like a month ago?

Bought mine thru TargetSports. It arrived in a week and a half, for $3 less per box. 8)

Be aware , Target Sports much cheaper than Ruger, but they do F you charging tax.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
I called too, obviously Gov Abbott wants my taxes.Thanks, I do love Texas, still cheaper than Ruger

RSIno1

Hunter
Guess I won't be adding any unless I stumble across some at a store. CA new ammo law makes it very hard and expensive to mail order ammo.

The Happy Kaboomer

Single-Sixer
Highstandardguy said:
Rocdoc said:

It has a Super X head stamp. The 70th ammo ships from CCI.

Super X headstamp is Winchester not CCI.

How were yours packaged? When my boys were in Cub Scouts they had an egg drop every year where they had to package a raw egg to survive a drop. Then they were all loaded in a National Guard helicopter and dumped out from the air. That's the way the ammo I got was packaged. I think it would have survived the fall. I guess Ruger learned something from the 2013 debacle.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
contender said:
I looked,, and my picture wasn't where I thought it was. I'll see if I can find one.
Basically,, it's a very plain box & most likely from the late 1950's to the early 1960's if my memory is correct.

Ty,
I have a picture of the ammo you are talking about.
Terry

l8wl0Kh.jpg