Chance buy on a new 10-22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I stopped at one of the few local gun shops on the way home from my employee's funeral yesterday. Guess I needed some "off time" from my thoughts at the moment. Checking the "used gun" rack and there was a new(ish) looking synthetic stocked 10-22 with sling swivel incorporated into the front of the stock, a one-piece base, threaded muzzle w/FH, and a TASCO 3-9 scope. It had a few "rack marks" on the barrel but otherwise appeared new.
I made the owner an offer of $225 including tax and we agreed on $235. I don't think I did too bad. The scope may be good enough for the kids to use on the range and will put Granddaughter on a level field with her older Brother's 10-22.

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
I've had one of those stainless 10/22 Carbines with sling swivels for about four years now, it is my "Go To" .22 rifle, hangs on a rifle rack in my bedroom, carry it in a scabbard on my side by side ATV when moving about my property. A truly worry free rifle, stainless steel for rust protection, fiber stock that won't get messed up with rough handling. They only offered this stock option with built in sling swivels for a couple of years, don't know why, it's a very handy option....

Here's a pic with my bullet trap:

414345491.jpg

This one is "slick"(no sights). Is that something special? I bought a takeoff barrel that matched this description a while back to upgrade an older 10-22 to a suppressor host. That barrel shoots 40 grain sub-sonic Aguila into dime sized groups @ 35 yards.

Scored another deal. A local (only 80 miles one way) gun shop had a Charger that had been dinged by the monstrosity metal safety lock thing-a-ma-bob included in it's box. Got a good discount on the Charger. Woo Hoo, a new possum gun.

No second thoughts after the initial test firing of the 10-22. After the first magazine to zero the Nikon 3-9x40, it was smacking those 1.5" swingers hung @ 65 yards as fast as I could get it on target. Too windy for better than 3" on the 100 yard paper.

"There is no way you should own just one 10/22"

Not real sure 6 is enough, either. Now searching for a "beater" for SIL to use to build a "bullpup" 10-22. Often find some after Christmas being swapped for various reasons.

langenc

Single-Sixer
Mobuck said:
Scored another deal. A local (only 80 miles one way) gun shop had a Charger that had been dinged by the monstrosity metal safety lock thing-a-ma-bob included in it's box. Got a good discount on the Charger. Woo Hoo, a new possum gun.

Kill all the possums you can and save the turkeys, quail, pheasant and rabbits and anything else that nests/lives on the ground.

That Charger was used by Grandson to terminate a trapped coyote this morning. I was surprised that yotie dropped at the first shot. Discovered during skinning that the lucky shot hit high and spined Ms. Coyote.
He used the new 10-22 on the yotie caught last week so now both are initiated.