Any interest in an Alex Sturm centennial?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Trying to get the folks who pay attention to new suggestions to see this. Sturm, Ruger did a WBR MKIV centennial commerative recently. Seems like a Alex Sturm MKIV standard centennial commerative of his birth 1923 would be most appropriate, he lived long enough to see the first standards ship. Would be a great companion for the WBR centennial MkIV. Think Ruger might be open to it if enough interest, Sturm is first in corporate name after all.

IMHO an appropriate start would be to return the "S" to the trademark "eagle" that is used everywhere in the product line . . . most importantly in the grip medallions. The "hard R" thingie is a blatant insult to Alexander Sturm who designed the trademark originally.

Again, JMHO

:? :? :? :?

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Doesn't have to catalog, maybe Lipseys or Talo etc.. might consider? Roll mark and a laser signitire

farley

Single-Sixer
Ale-8(1) said:
IMHO an appropriate start would be to return the "S" to the trademark "eagle" that is used everywhere in the product line . . . most importantly in the grip medallions. The "hard R" thingie is a blatant insult to Alexander Sturm who designed the trademark originally.

Again, JMHO

I agree completely.

57springer

Buckeye
farley said:
Ale-8(1) said:

Again, JMHO

I agree completely.
Yes , without Mr. Sturm there would be no "RUGER " :wink:

I'd go along with that as long as they used the actual original design of the red bird on the silver background, not the current "almost red" design.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts