Shopping for shoes today, purchased a Ruger MK II Government

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OVERLOADDED

Single-Sixer
Buy my Merrill shoes from John's Sports Center, none in my size, so ordered them. Checked out the used pistol case, and there it was, very nice used, Government Model blue clean with overtravel screw. Asking $439.00, no box. Offered $350.00+ tax. Had to ask the boss, he said they could do that. Would really like to have the box, but it is what it is. Clerk said, that's what eBay is for, boxes. Not the same when not numbered to the gun. Still need to check for pretravel screw. Still pleased, so hard to find, I have the SS model so this one will get some range time. Overloadded

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
OVERLOADDED said:
Buy my Merrill shoes from John's Sports Center, none in my size, so ordered them. Checked out the used pistol case, and there it was, very nice used, Government Model blue clean with overtravel screw. Asking $439.00, no box. Offered $350.00+ tax. Had to ask the boss, he said they could do that. Would really like to have the box, but it is what it is. Clerk said, that's what eBay is for, boxes. Not the same when not numbered to the gun. Still need to check for pretravel screw. Still pleased, so hard to find, I have the SS model so this one will get some range time. Overloadded

That model did not come with a pre-travel screw.

OVERLOADDED

Single-Sixer
Only issue, when cleaning/inspection, discovered the bolt was missing the firing pin pin, and the spring. Called the store, said they would return my money or send it in for repair.
Dennis how much for the pin and spring? Overloadded

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
OVERLOADDED said:
Only issue, when cleaning/inspection, discovered the bolt was missing the firing pin pin, and the spring. Called the store, said they would return my money or send it in for repair.
Dennis how much for the pin and spring? Overloadded

I'm gonna need to assume here that you mean the firing pin return spring and the firing pin stop pin? You'd need to look in the on-line store for those prices, I'm not in the shop now. Don't think it's all that much though.

Congrats on a good deal at John's. They always seem pretty high to me.

Update: If you're missing the firing pin stop pin and the rebound spring, you may be missing the rebound spring support as well. Also be sure and check the bolt face for damage if the firing pin has been hitting it.

BDM1

Single-Sixer
I go shopping for shoes, all i see are shoes. Glad you did better!

Latest posts