Ruger Amer. Target 22, #8348

Help Support Ruger Forum:

onehandgunner

Single-Sixer
I know that many people feel that CZ is a better rifle than Ruger, but, the Ruger American Rimfire Target 22 does have good reviews. Granted a nice piece of walnut is more attractive than a laminate. BUT, again, the 10/22 mag is very appealing to me more so than the 5 shot mag that hangs below the stock on the CZ. Any one have first hand knowledge or opinions on the Ruger American Target. Thanks, Jerry

gunzo

Hunter
A case by case comparison might be required. I have a CZ that prompted me to sell an Anschutz & a highly modified 10/22T.

A new Am. RF target might come along & kick the CZ out of the vault. Or not. My CZ disappoints with sometimes poor ejection. The 10/22T would have feeding problems. My American Predator is good to go in both areas.

Get ya one & see, & hopefully, enjoy.

Chief 101

Hunter
I got one earlier this year and I like it fine. I find that the ammo make all the dif...use expensive ammo and it shoots well, extremely well. Some hardware store ammo does well some don't...it cost me 100 bucks less than the CZ...plus I already have Ruger 10 round magazines and they are flush where as the CZ magazines are expensive and 10 rd magazines extend beyond the stock...